I got a Surco rack for my Chevy Colorado and added 6 Hella 500ff lights across the front. Just need to find out the best way to wire these things. I might have 2 more for the back of the rack. So a total of 8 lights(4 pairs). Each pair has a seperate relay. Do I need to use every relay? I would like to have it wired to two switches. One for front and one for back! Help me, all you wiring gurus!! And how the hell should I get that wire to the rack?

Float mounted IPad Mini playing through Bluetooth

IStreamer for Iphone or Ipad

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Two Rockford T600-4's for the components

Blowthrough with two Sundown SA-8's

RF T1500-bd's for the subs

8000k H.I.D.'s in headlights and fogs

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

17" Ultra Rogue 175's on Nitto Trail Grappler 285/17 70's

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

Five Hella Lights on front bumper

270A Mechman Alternator

Two Optima Yellow Top batteries

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

For wiring the relays, what I would do is run a hot wire off the switch(es) to the relays (as your trigger) then take all their power off the battery. I did something similar with a friend's fogs and it seems to have worked well.

As for getting the wire to the rack, where is it? On top or in front? You could run the wire up the A-pillar and do something to get it to the rack if it's on top, or run it through the grille or something up front. Just two random ideas, I got lucky with my fog installs so I can't really help with hiding wires or anything. Sorry =/

Too many projects, too little time...

For wiring the relays, what I would do is run a hot wire off the switch(es) to the relays (as your trigger) then take all their power off the battery. I did something similar with a friend's fogs and it seems to have worked well.

As for getting the wire to the rack, where is it? On top or in front? You could run the wire up the A-pillar and do something to get it to the rack if it's on top, or run it through the grille or something up front. Just two random ideas, I got lucky with my fog installs so I can't really help with hiding wires or anything. Sorry =/

sorry yeah the rack is on top! The only place I canthink to go through is the original OnStar/XM antenna. Just not sure what size wire I would need to use. I figure more lights need bigger guage wire for current drop? Is this wrong?

Float mounted IPad Mini playing through Bluetooth

IStreamer for Iphone or Ipad

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Two Rockford T600-4's for the components

Blowthrough with two Sundown SA-8's

RF T1500-bd's for the subs

8000k H.I.D.'s in headlights and fogs

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

17" Ultra Rogue 175's on Nitto Trail Grappler 285/17 70's

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

Five Hella Lights on front bumper

270A Mechman Alternator

Two Optima Yellow Top batteries

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

u could prolly get some 12guage wire or something to run them off of or 10guage

if there halogens they will need a good line wire then u can split it off to some smaller load wires

i would run a good sized power wire to the relay and then off that to the lights u want to

you can run more than one light off a relay, if there 50-60w halogens then u could be fine with that, most relays are good for 40amps or so and ur lights prolly pull a good 4-5amp each, but at start up it could get to around 8-10amps,

i got a federal signal 184 beacon fire truck light with 4 35watt bulbs in it and its ran from 14guage wire so if they can run these from that small of wire then u got no prob wit 12guage as a line and maby 14 as a load

if ur wondering what i mean my line n load is, line = power wire comeing from switchs, load = wire going from relay to lights

hope i make sense, i love wireing up stuff, but i unno how most ppl do it, i think most of other ppl's light bars are mounted in the bed rather than on the cab

how many watt fogs do u got each? like are they the 55w kind or wut?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived