Sundown Audio

how overrated is the power acoustic bamf 5500

Flint_810

I have used these amps, Im not going to say it will do 3200rms, mine was clamped at 2513rms. Using a decent electrical system. They are nice for the price range. Also the reason they are so cheap, PA is made by Insignia, who makes home entertainment products, a much much larger funded company than AQ Sundown or some of the others. So these amps are mass produced at a lower cost. So no they are not as clean of power as a hand made amp from Sundown or someone of that sort. They are made for a low budget power. PA being a larger company just means they can afford to sell it cheaper....just like Walmart. Just my input....

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

They don't do rated power.

Also, all the 5500D's either the BAMF, power series, gothic series or whatever are the same board, same rating, just different case/heatsink. According to a shop that sells PA where I'm from.

Mechman 200 amp alt, two optima yellow tops (one up front and one in the back). 0/1 from front to back and 0/1 one to the amp with reducers to 4 gauge clamped doin roughly 2,000w.

someone did a review on CA for it, it'll do right around 2000-2600 RMS if I remember correctly, not that bad of a deal I guess for what the price is, even though its overated.

PPL need to realize power acoustik isn't that bad of equipment, is it overated? VERY. but...when they're making 50 million a year on it because there's people that don't realize RMS and Max power ratings can you blame them?

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

someone did a review on CA for it, it'll do right around 2000-2600 RMS if I remember correctly, not that bad of a deal I guess for what the price is, even though its overated.

PPL need to realize power acoustik isn't that bad of equipment, is it overated? VERY. but...when they're making 50 million a year on it because there's people that don't realize RMS and Max power ratings can you blame them?

Exactly...they make their money making LCD and LED tv's that people spend thousands of dollars on at best buy. So your at Best buy and dont know anything about car audio, they have huge power for a cheap price....and they make money doin it lol

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

I have used these amps, Im not going to say it will do 3200rms, mine was clamped at 2513rms. Using a decent electrical system. They are nice for the price range. Also the reason they are so cheap, PA is made by Insignia, who makes home entertainment products, a much much larger funded company than AQ Sundown or some of the others. So these amps are mass produced at a lower cost. So no they are not as clean of power as a hand made amp from Sundown or someone of that sort. They are made for a low budget power. PA being a larger company just means they can afford to sell it cheaper....just like Walmart. Just my input....

Its actually PA who makes Insignia amplifiers, which is a Bestbuy brand. PA is owned by Epsilon, and they have their hands in a bunch of different brands. They're vendors for companies like O2 and Ground Zero.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Im talking about Insignia Tvs. They are all owned by Epsilon. They own over 25 name brands...But we're making the same point here lol

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

First off....CAPS=really fucking annoying. Second...bullshit, this amp won't do 2k. And third...why the hell would he do two runs of 4g to his amp and 2 runs for his ground? And ground in different locations? So he can create a ground loop?

Second off..... i dont care if caps are FUCKING ANNOYING to you. I have been selling, and installing pa products for almost 4 years now. I am very familiar with their product and know what they are capable of doing. Second No, this amp will not put out rated power, but i will tell you that this amp is capable of doing 2k with the appropriate voltage. Third, if you knew anything about this product it has two inputs for power and ground. Running two runs of 4guage to the batt input would be appropriate. Finally, he can use one common ground point for the two ground inputs, but imo with these amp with two seperate ground points with the same exact length works perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I HAVE A GUY RUNNING TWO OF THESE ONE PER DD 3512. HIS VOLTAGE FLOATS AROUND 14.3 AND @ FULL TILT IT DROPS IN THE 13.6 TO 13.8 AREA. THESE WILL DO NO WHERE NEAR THE 3200RMS @ 1. HOWEVER, IF YOU DO THE NECESSARY ELECTRICAL UPGRADES; HO ALT AND SECONDARY BATT TO GET YOUR VOLTAGE IN THE 14+ AREA YOU SHOULD SEE 2200 TO 2500 OUT OF THESE. RUN 4 GUAGE TO BOTH OF THE POWER AND GROUND INPUTS. THEY ARE ANGLED SO IT WOULD BE HARD TO FIT 0AWG. IF YOU ARE RUNNING MULTIPLE BATTS THEN RUN 0AWG TO 4 GUAGE AT A 1 IN 2 OUT FUSE DIST. BLOCK.

i heard that whatever wire comes out a dist. block is the power your getting so if i run 1/0awg to a block and 4awg from the block to my amp will i have 1/0awg current or the 4awg current?

[color="#2E8B57"]size="4"]1998 buick century

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(12)power acoustik tweeters

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(1) FI 15" BTL HEAVY SUB!!!

(1) kenwood 720 4cahnnel amp on da way

(1) 20ft run of rockford fosgate 1/0awg

(2) 1/0awg to 4awg reducers

(2) memphis front speakers

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) deep cycle batt on the way

(1) 5cft box tuned to 32hz after displacments

ALOT MORE UPGRADES TO COME!!!!![/size][/color]

can i use a reducer on this amp since the terminals are slanted?

[color="#2E8B57"]size="4"]1998 buick century

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(12)power acoustik tweeters

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(1) FI 15" BTL HEAVY SUB!!!

(1) kenwood 720 4cahnnel amp on da way

(1) 20ft run of rockford fosgate 1/0awg

(2) 1/0awg to 4awg reducers

(2) memphis front speakers

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) deep cycle batt on the way