Sundown Audio

how overrated is the power acoustic bamf 5500

Flint_810

i thought reducers bottlenecked the current when its reduced to 4 gauge

well, but you forget to take in account that in the manual it isn't CEA compliant, in any part of its construction, good budget build amp, but if its not at least CEA-2006 Compliant it dosent have to make its listed RMS power, but id say 1700rms with a low efficiency rating would be appropriate, but probably closer to 2K

it pushed a btl nicely on youtube, but im not sure if, or how much the gain was cranked, but still its a Decend amp for its price

its like 4Cents per Max Power Watt & 7Cents per RMS Watt

i once read somewhere to be a legit Amp you "Need" to pay around 75Cents per RMS watt which like 1000RMS is 750 bucks but im not sure how Legit that is, just in the near future make sure its CEA compliant, because they get paid to essecintally make sure companies make good uniform products, and the CEA seal tells us there power ratings and products are worth investing time money and effort, and are reliable enough to trust.

2001 Bravada

Alpine Cda-9886

MTX TX6001 Comps

Dual FI BL 18's Fully Loaded

Dual Hifonics Bxi 2608D

12Cubes Ported @ 33hz

2/0 Run Welding Wire

Stock Batt And Garbage Stock Alt (New Alt in Nov)

148.3 TL Sealed Up

• 1 month later...

if i trimm the 1/0awg wire down so it can fit in the terminals would that defeat the purpose of having 1/0awg wire due to my amp only accepts 4awg wire?

[color="#2E8B57"]size="4"]1998 buick century

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(12)power acoustik tweeters

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(1) FI 15" BTL HEAVY SUB!!!

(1) kenwood 720 4cahnnel amp on da way

(1) 20ft run of rockford fosgate 1/0awg

(2) 1/0awg to 4awg reducers

(2) memphis front speakers

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) deep cycle batt on the way

(1) 5cft box tuned to 32hz after displacments

ALOT MORE UPGRADES TO COME!!!!![/size][/color]

Trimming the wire down/using reducers are better that using 4 guage, since even though you cut the strand count where the connection is, the distance in which the wire is smaller than the rest of the run, is much smaller so the amp still gets improved flow. Why do you think SoundDigital/Stetsom can get away with using 2 Postitive and 2 Ground Imputs on there 10-16K amps.....because the runs leading up to the amps are usually like a foot from the battery bank, some have made extra imputs, but dont see much improvement past 3 runs to both the +/-.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

oh ok im gone tell my partner whos hooking it up for me that maybe we can trimm the wire down a bit to fit

[color="#2E8B57"]size="4"]1998 buick century

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(12)power acoustik tweeters

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(1) FI 15" BTL HEAVY SUB!!!

(1) kenwood 720 4cahnnel amp on da way

(1) 20ft run of rockford fosgate 1/0awg

(2) 1/0awg to 4awg reducers

(2) memphis front speakers

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) deep cycle batt on the way

(1) 5cft box tuned to 32hz after displacments

ALOT MORE UPGRADES TO COME!!!!![/size][/color]

i was gonna buy one to run my 2 8" kicker comps (coolface.jpg)

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

• 4 years later...

I think with brands like PA and Audiopipe and the like... the only difference is reliability and clean power. Top rated amps put out cleaner power and clip less than a PA would.. probally last longer. but if a PA BAMF is wired clean and is fed good clean power and the gains are set to clean levels... you will get plenty power out of them and bang. You just cant drive them to the hilt like you can a Sundown or a DC amp.

Archived