i saw someone on here that had a tower made out of all car audio speakers and subs using crossovers and such and thought it was pretty much the shit and i was wondering if anyone had any simlar pics they would like to share so that i could get some inspiration im thinking about taking all the speakers out of my car " to be replaced" and making them all in a tower thinking of a 12" hifonics with a 12" hifonics passive radiator 1 kenwood 6x9 per tower and a 6-1/2" jl something and the original tweaters in my car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-PAIR-3-WAY-PASSIVE-CROSSOVER-CAR-AUDIO-/370296358820?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56376207a4

using this as my cross over plan to have everything wired to 8 ohms the sub doing the lows at 8 being a dvc 4ohm. the 6x9 and 6-1/2 doing mids wired in serios to make another 8 doing the mids along with the stock tweater and another 4 ohm tweater again wired in series to the highs. all speakers will have baffles aside from the 12s the idea im going with is to mimick my kenwood towers.

but please post your pics

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Heres my house speakers. I'm pretty proud of them as the are built to my preference.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/73729-7-year-freshen-up-on-my-house-speakers/

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

yours are the speakers that made me wana do something to that effect

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

yours are the speakers that made me wana do something to that effect

Well that means a lot to me. I'm glad I was able to inspire you. :woot:

Good luck with your project.

Excuse the Woot fucker I just really like him a lot. LOL

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

lol well maybe you can help me out with my cross over issues i dont wana buy one id rather build one but idk how things work ie how a 3 way speaker system can even make a 8ohm load

lol well maybe you can help me out with my cross over issues i dont wana buy one id rather build one but idk how things work ie how a 3 way speaker system can even make a 8ohm load

I myself don't even have a good answer for that. The best I can tell you is that because all the seperate drivers that make up the 3 way design play different frequencies that it doesn't effect the amp in a negative way.

By chance have you ordered your Parts Express catalog yet?

Terryswork001.png

indeed i have i did it a while ago but still have yet to obtain it

indeed i have i did it a while ago but still have yet to obtain it

Hey man I have also found a very good piece of info that you can read but I don't know if I can find the link. If I can I'll put the link here and if I can't I'll PM you for your Email address so I can send you a copy.

Besides the question above I should beable to help you with any other questions you might have and should be able to help you pick components out for your X-overs. I will just need part numbers of your drivers and usually we build passive X-overs useing the nominal impedance of each component.

Terryswork001.png

• 3 weeks later...

Steve also made Chicken some a while back that were pretty insane, i dont remember what all went into them tho

Ascendant Audio Havoc 15 D1

4.5 cubes tuned LOW...28hz

Alpine MRP-M1000

Front Stage: Infinity Reference 5 1/5

Rear: Infinity Reference 6x9

Alpine CDA-117 with power pack

240a DC Power alt

Big 3 in 2ga.

97 Monte Carlo(R.I.P.)

ik i read the whole build log thing those were pretty dank