PUNKYOU007 Posted May 13, 2010 Report Posted May 13, 2010 Hey guys, it seems ever since I got a new Modem that every time my computer goes to sleep I loose my wireless connection. The only way I have found to get it back is to unplug the wireless router and plug it back in. I dont get it and its starting to get really fucking old. Every time I sit down to get online I have to get right back up and go to the modem to reset it. Any ideas I can try when I get home? Quote Doethepaperboy "Bars of Pain" Doethepaperboy "Hero Remix" C. Arson d(-__-)b beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.
STEvil Posted May 14, 2010 Report Posted May 14, 2010 disable wireless turning off when entering sleep mode. Quote MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
techforce Posted June 18, 2010 Report Posted June 18, 2010 I bet your running Vista!! That is a known Vista problem, the best workaraound in to go to Win 7 unfortunatly... I was plagued with that with Vista and could not really ever find a rock solid fix that lasted... Quote
PUNKYOU007 Posted July 3, 2010 Author Report Posted July 3, 2010 I am still having this issue....and I am running W7 Quote Doethepaperboy "Bars of Pain" Doethepaperboy "Hero Remix" C. Arson d(-__-)b beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.
techforce Posted July 3, 2010 Report Posted July 3, 2010 I am still having this issue....and I am running W7 If thats the case, I would look into the router. Since it happened when you switched routers... Quote
techforce Posted July 3, 2010 Report Posted July 3, 2010 Something I had happen on a job, the router was on the same channel as thier neighbors and they were having wierd things happen, such as dropped connections, page can't be displayed and random disconnects from the router. Try changing the wireless channel on the router to a non standard channel such as channel 2 or 3 and while ur in there, if the wireless network is using the standard SSID name, re "linksys" or "netgear", change it. I also seen issues if you have an unsecure wireless network, re: no encryption and key to connect. good luck bro... as I said, I was plagued by same issue and drove me fucking crazy! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.