Sundown Audio

Clamped my amps*updated 8/21/2010*

PUNKYOU007

not when your box took 8 sheets of MDF to build the box and cost $400 to have Line-x spray the box ;)

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I have asked this question 100 times and nobody will answer but here I go again. If i wire these amps down to .25ohms what do you think will happen? With the rise as high as it is I dont see the amp ever seeing .25 but I dont know. I know somebody has some experience running an amp that low. Will they just go into protect or will they burn up?

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

from the research i have done, over 2x rise is very normal and its actually hard to get down to 2x rise, so you are not in bad shape. i always wire to half ohm to combat this but you can still hurt your amps even with rise. the amp will still see .5 at the beginning of every bass note and with the combination of tones the sub plays at the same time, who know whats your impedance really is at all times. so your playing in the grey/danger areas.

smaller box will give you less rise. stick a bunch of bricks in the box or make a wooden box to take up .5 cube or a full cube and see what happens. a smaller box is also less efficient so if you can keep the impedance low with the bigger box, it should do the most.

what is your box supposed to be tuned to?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

It takes a moment for impedance rise to build. That's why a lot of SPLers roll their burps. If you pause-burp the amp sees the nominal load and goes into over-current protection.

2kw @ 2.74 ohms is pretty damn solid IMO.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Your right i guess. I guess I just expected more outta this setup. I think I will re-cone them though and try to get a little more out of the amps.

d(-__-)b

I have my m4s strapped at .35 and they work fine. not sure what my rise is but i will be clamping it soon. quick question was there a noticeable difference when you went from inverted mounting to normal mounting (magnets in box) i might try inverting my 18s cause my baskets hit my removeable port and wont allow me to increase the size of it.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

not really. Inverted looked beast as fuck but as far as sound, I couldn't tell any.

d(-__-)b

I was having the same thing man.

Couldnt get alot of CLEAN power out of the amps.

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

Archived