Second Skin Audio

Memphis Mojos

so im thinking of getting one mojo 12 this weekend after i get paid and then another one in another 2 weeks and 2 more in the next month and a half for the wall in the mustang. not sure what kinda amp im gonna run but i know it needs to be pretty powerful, but i hear the new mojos are having problems with the interchangable baskets or some shit.

and whats real RMS on these thing? would a mojo 2400D on each work well? or 1 per pair? what kinda cubic feet per sub should they need in your honest opinions? im wanting 150's+ with my set-up.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I personally think they are great woofers, they have the modular motor system, great warranty, great customer service, and they get damn load. I personally had a few, and installed a few of them- if you want to go for spl, go for the quad coil mojo's, BL is higher, Fs is a tad higher, 4 spiders, only the best glue holding everything together, and they get load in moderate sized boxes, no need for huge 20cf walls

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

and the power rateing is by far underrated... they say 1000rms for the dvc, and 1000rms for the quads, but they have been known to handle huge power..... There is a guy I knew business wise, who had 2- Mojo MAD MAX 15s, with 8- Mojo amps per sub and burped and demoed that system well past 40 times at like 10 different events, even played music on them.... so they do handle power good (even tho the moojo mad max is a 4" vc- the 3" and 4" vc's are based on the same design and gauge)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ive wanted a pair or 2 ever since before i got my lisence.

how much do the mad maxxes go for? if it isnt to much more i guess i could do 2 - 3 15's maybe in my wall.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

holy shit.

i just got quoted $440 per sub from a shop.

i can get em from woofersetc for $350. however i asked about 4KW and 2500D prices and its more cost-effective to get a 4KW cause the 2500 is $1250 and the 4KW is $1650.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Ive got a single mojo 12 in my 99 civic coupe running off a mojo 2500d at 1 ohm daily with no problems and it does 146.8 legal off the stock charging system, Ive only added a second battery in the trunk.

A single 4kw would work but those subs can hold much more power than that. They work really well for spl with around 2000 watts. Another thing to remember is a mojos are dual 2 ohm, so if you can afford it go with 4 2500s. If not I would do a single 4kw.

1999 Civic Si

Current setup - 147.5 db

Memphis Mojo 12

Memphis Mojo 2500

I'm not a Memphis car audio expert or anything, but according to my buddies at the local stereo store memphis DOES NOT do any internet sales. Go to www.memphiscaraudio.com/internet_sales.html . This link is off the official memphis web site and apparently they will not honor any warranty on any of their equipment bought online or through mail order catalogs. They are strictly authorized dealers only. I would guess the stuff on woofersetc is refurbished. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The MOJO is an awesome speaker though. It sounds great and can get really loud with lots of power and the proper size/tuned box. As far as the power handling goes, memphis tech support and the memphis rep for my area has told my local stereo store it's pretty much unlimited within reason. I found this on the Memphis Car Audio web site:

Memphis Car Audio Helps Steve Cook Set Two World Records at Daytona Spring Break Nationals

Veteran competitor Steve Cook of Florence Alabama set two new world records at Daytona Spring Break Nationals on March 24th and 25th. Using 32 Memphis Car Audio MCD4KW amplifiers Steve became the first person to ever break the 170dB mark in a street vehicle. In Db Drag he posted a new world record of 170.1dB in the Super Street 5+ class. In IASCA’s IDBL Advanced 3 class he hit another world record with 172.5dB. He set both records in his 1990 Chevy AstroVan.

Congratulations Steve. We are proud to have you on Team Memphis!

Hope this information can help ya out.

SMDsigbannr9.jpg