Second Skin Audio

clam shell box

big dee

ok thanks any way that must mean vented

Not at all. It depends what kind of sound/effect you are going for. Majority of the clamshells, regardless of how many stages of baffles, that I've seen are vented. They can be whatever you want as the sealed will do just as well depending on the application.

The only reason I'm porting mine extremely small in the center is for high control and tuning low enough to match my car's peak with the given volume of air in the cabin.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Not at all. It depends what kind of sound/effect you are going for. Majority of the clamshells, regardless of how many stages of baffles, that I've seen are vented. They can be whatever you want as the sealed will do just as well depending on the application.

The only reason I'm porting mine extremely small in the center is for high control and tuning low enough to match my car's peak with the given volume of air in the cabin.

i was thinking about doing 1 row of 5 subs on the top and the same at the bottom 10 12s all together do you think that would sound good? i would like to get as much out of them as i can far as spl

i was thinking about doing 1 row of 5 subs on the top and the same at the bottom 10 12s all together do you think that would sound good? i would like to get as much out of them as i can far as spl

I hate when people say this... If you are building solely for SPL, then a clamshell is a bad choice and you will have little to no ability to play music.

If you are going for a musical box, then build it to spec sealed or ported. I only say that because you don't have much experience with it, and I can't tell you if it will sound good.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I hate when people say this... If you are building solely for SPL, then a clamshell is a bad choice and you will have little to no ability to play music.

If you are going for a musical box, then build it to spec sealed or ported. I only say that because you don't have much experience with it, and I can't tell you if it will sound good.

ya your problely right but i didnt say i wanted it souly for spl i just wanted it to sound good and hit hard as it can but thanks for the info.

Archived