Lowering the Tahoe update 6/05/10

no doubt any help on tahoe drops just PM me

I get some pretty good hook ups plus I've done my own 3/5 in my garage then redid it a couple times so I know the suspensions on these SUV's like the back of my hand

I'll walk you through it

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

thanks, I think the DJM kit with shocks is the way I want to go. Lower Control Arms and then springs in the back.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

keep us posted on what you end up doing

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

I have a djm 3/5 kit with the front control arms. With the mcgaughys 5" drop, ieve been hearing that you wont get the full 5" and sometimes barley get 3". My wife complained about the ride alot ( was stiff but tollerable ), and i ended up getting some trailblazer drop springs that gave me a total of 5.25 drop in the back ( and they ride much better) Do you have a big system in the tahoe? If so, you would probably want to go with the djm springs for tahoes/yukons. Belltech also sells a kit that gives you a average drop of 4-5" in the back. I am also on the tahoeyukonforum under the same name. Talk to djmdirect and he can hook you up on djm or belltech parts all day. And if your intrested, i have some djm springs and front eibach t-bar keys layin around.

Just got a message back from DJMdirect on the other forum and he said he can get me the same kit as you have and quoted a very reasonable price. I am waiting on my buddy to see if he can match the price locally if not I am ordering it tomorrow. He said I can run 295/30/26's and it will be really tight so I'm in. I still need someone that had done it before to tell me what backspacing and wheel width to order so it clears the fenders.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

Meade had it on his hoe. Whats the offset of your wheels? Do you have any pics of the wheels installed on the car? Also, when lowering these tahoes, the right rear tends to push out a little because of the panhard bar. Once installed, the upper shock bolts in the rear will need to be flipped ( the head of the bolt will be on outside, so that it wont chew up the sidewall of the tires). You also will need to cut out the rear bump stop brackets so that you can gain more travel before you bottom out ( this is a must, trust me)

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I'm waiting to get the lowering kit on before I order the wheels. I have a friend that works for Discount Tire and he is going to measure everything to makes sure we get the right offset and tire size once the kit has had a few days to settle. It will be a few weeks before I can order wheels cause I won't have the lowering components til next weekend and want to drive it for a few hundred miles on the stock wheels to work out any kinks before I slap the 26's on it.

What size rims are the stockers? If there 16" ( which i think they are ) you cannot put drop spindles on them, wont fit. You can only put spindles on if they are 17" wheels or bigger. I had the stocks on for a couple of months prior to getting my 22's and i had to run the drop a-arms, which are only avaible through djm. You can always do drop t-bar keys which there are a number of manufacturs that make them. Here is a pic of mine with the djm 3/5 drop on stocks and how it sits today

before002.jpg

DSCN4677.jpg

When you talked to tony(djmdirect), did he mention the tbss springs with the front a-arms. This is the way i went (after) and the ride is A LOT better,

DSCN4650.jpg

The blue springs are the tahoe/yukon 5"springs and the other is the TBSS 4"spring that is now in my truck

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

the trail blazer springs should be here tomorrow but I don't have word on the rest of the kit yet. Can't wait to get this installed so I can start shopping for wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

The kit is being installed thismorning, I should have after pics in a few hours.

Nevermind, I had DJM drop ship the kit to the shop putting it on and they didn't ship the lower control arms so I guess it will be a few more days before I can have it finished.

Archived