Lowering the Tahoe update 6/05/10

I like the look Steve got with his Hoe when he put the 26's on it and mine is the same body style (2003) so I looked around to see what kit he used and came up empty. One post he stated that his drop was equivalent to a 4/6 drop but he never stated what he used to drop it and what the offset of his wheels are.

A local shop said I would have to raise the front 2 inches to fit 26's on it so I laughed a little and left. I think that a 3/5 kit may work but I would like to see pics with someone that has already done it and what kit they used. I will run 295/30/26's so there won't be much tire on there and want the fenders to be nearly on top of the tires. Also I pull my body dropped F150 with this Tahoe so I will have helper bags on the back to keep from killing my rear quarter panels and bottoming out while towing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I am not worried about the cost as long as it is the best kit I can get, I will not go with cheap parts on this and want the best possible ride quality.

Here is a quick pic of the Hoe with the fresh paint, looks ok but it needs a drop and new shoes badly.

fbf62d83.jpg

06e43dd2.jpg

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

pm thehoe92 he did his 03, im sure he can give you a few tips

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

That will work just have to add shocks to it. Will that still let me roll on the 26's and what offset wheel do I need to get?

Is there a better kit available cause I want it to ride as good as possible. I have lowered nearly every vehicle I have owned and most of them ended up riding like crap but this is so big and high off the ground I think I can do a big drop and still ride good.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

will do, thanks

go join tahoeyukonforum, there is a guy there that guarantees the lowest price on DJM kits.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

That will work just have to add shocks to it. Will that still let me roll on the 26's and what offset wheel do I need to get?

Is there a better kit available cause I want it to ride as good as possible. I have lowered nearly every vehicle I have owned and most of them ended up riding like crap but this is so big and high off the ground I think I can do a big drop and still ride good.

I don't know if it will still let you put 26s on. I don't know much about SUVs. Like punkyou007 said, go to tahoeyukonforum. You'll probably get better answers there.

I like the DJM 3/5 kit with the lower control arm as well as the McGaughy's 3/5 kit with the 2" spindle and torsion key setup in the front. Both kits have a spring for the rear. I guess now I just need to know if I can run this with 26's and what offset wheels to buy.

I have a djm 3/5 kit with the front control arms. With the mcgaughys 5" drop, ieve been hearing that you wont get the full 5" and sometimes barley get 3". My wife complained about the ride alot ( was stiff but tollerable ), and i ended up getting some trailblazer drop springs that gave me a total of 5.25 drop in the back ( and they ride much better) Do you have a big system in the tahoe? If so, you would probably want to go with the djm springs for tahoes/yukons. Belltech also sells a kit that gives you a average drop of 4-5" in the back. I am also on the tahoeyukonforum under the same name. Talk to djmdirect and he can hook you up on djm or belltech parts all day. And if your intrested, i have some djm springs and front eibach t-bar keys layin around.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

x2

Hopefully soon thehoe92 will be helping me with my drop, he will be lots of help in trying to decide what you need to get for your drop, plus he has hook ups with kits so shoot him a pm asap.

Archived