HID's + Running Lights = PITA! HELP?

Worst case scenario to make it a clean install. Find the wire the is grounded or powered in gear. If they only come on when in gear there HAS to be a wire around your shifter or under the drivers side around the GEM. It probably gets grounded once in gear and relay power t the DRLs. If you pick up a haynes manual it should have all of this labeled in th lighting wire diagrams. And then simply disconnect this wire and no more DRLs. My mom has a 99 windstar but it's way different then the 2000+ so I can't really help you hands on that much.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Or another possibility. Buy a wiring harness for your HIDs. The ones that plug onto the battery and use a relay so it is only triggered by a switch and draws power from the battery. Run the trigger wire inside the cab and bypass all factory headlight wiring and put it on the headlight switch in place of the factory wire for the headlights.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

isnt there already a relay kit that hooks up to your battery since it drains so much when it first turns on but then lowers down..

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

If I still lived on campus I could run up to my school's library, jump on one of the computers with Mitchell or AllData and tell you exactly what wire it is.

thats would of been great too bad FML

Or another possibility. Buy a wiring harness for your HIDs. The ones that plug onto the battery and use a relay so it is only triggered by a switch and draws power from the battery. Run the trigger wire inside the cab and bypass all factory headlight wiring and put it on the headlight switch in place of the factory wire for the headlights.

this is what i had in mind too

isnt there already a relay kit that hooks up to your battery since it drains so much when it first turns on but then lowers down..

no these where just plug and play no wiring harness to the battery. my truck needed the harness to work but these work with out it...i like them this little problem is what is making hate them.

You don't have it that bad. I know there is a wire or something you could disconnect IF you could find it. Windstars are a pita in general to work on. But to get rid of my DRLs on my Taurus I had to replace my Smart Junction Box. Basically a lot fancier GEM that does more. The dealer wanted $200 for one without DRLs. I got lucky at a junkyard and got one for 50 bucks. I could have went with a harness but I HATE DRLs in general so wanted them gone.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

yeah on the jimmy i hate the damn lights turning on by them selfs, it would half as turn on the HIDs . all the time specially when it was in the garage so pretty much all the time it was at home. then i figured out the ebrake trick! and took the bulb outta the dash, been riding it like that for over two yrs with out a problem