Sonic Electronix

What Does 8-11Volt Drops Do To An Alternator?

if my volt meter gets below 13.1 i cut my shit down

this.

2000 Blazer 4dr

-24" Boss 330s

-Lowered 2/3

-5000k Hids w Projector Retro

-Candy tails

-LED interior lighting

-20% tint 35% windshield

-Alpine 9886 HU

-RF P1462 Dash

-RF P1652 Front

-RF P1652 Rear

-Two 18" Fi BTLs

-MB Quart Onyx 4.80

-Two Audioque AQ2200Ds

-Xs Powerr D5100, 2 Powersafe G31s

-Knukoncepts 1/0 wire

-Mechman 270 Alt w Boost Module

-10.4 Net @ 28hz 140sq.inch of port

My Youtube Channel!!

not only does it kill your alternator, it kills your amp and subs too

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

i burnt my 40 amp in a year with 800rms, and i never seen below 12.5 at full knob. And that is with constant 2 hr daily commute playing the system back and forth both ways.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

Alternators will burn whether you go to 8v or not, its all about how much work you make them to over a period of time.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Guest DC Power Kyle

^^ Not true.

All the alternator needs to be able to do is provide the adequate cooling to the stator and vital components and have the ability to know when enough is enough and back down a bit.

^^ Not true.

All the alternator needs to be able to do is provide the adequate cooling to the stator and vital components and have the ability to know when enough is enough and back down a bit.

You can provide all the cooling you want, it will burn out with time if you drive it to its limit (my bad on not saying it was based on running the equipment to its limit in the previous post).

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Guest DC Power Kyle

Ask Team Nemesis DJ about how he Demoed for hours upon hours at SBN.... I demoed on my temp 130 amp alternator from dc power for 2 hours straight and it still starts up at 15 volts. Mind you, I have a SAZ-3500D at .5ohm too.. I know for a fact I was way beyond it's capabilities.

Ask Team Nemesis DJ about how he Demoed for hours upon hours at SBN.... I demoed on my temp 130 amp alternator from dc power for 2 hours straight and it still starts up at 15 volts. Mind you, I have a SAZ-3500D at .5ohm too.. I know for a fact I was way beyond it's capabilities.

Whats a couple hours in the lifetime of an alternator? I've got a 105 amp POS stocker in my truck and i've been beating on it more than a year.

Edited by STEvil

Hammerdown... 1%