Sundown Audio

Amp went in protect mode?

chapo123

Rule of thumb with fusing... Add up the fuses on the amp and put that side fuse in the wire, there is nothing wrong with this. Yes 0 gauge wire can pull 200 amps, but if you don't need to , don't fuse it there.

If the amp does not have fuses in it look up what fuse to get from the amplifier's company. Not people on here or anywhere else.

does this mean you should do the same with the big 3 power wire as well?

does this mean you should do the same with the big 3 power wire as well?

You will read anywhere that you don't HAVE to fuse the big three. You can fuse the big three and i recommend you do. But the big three was not what i was talking about.

But you can apply this theory to the big three. I have a 90 amp alt, so a 200 amp fuse would do more harm than good, because if something does short it will never blow the fuse because it will never push 200 amps.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

okay this is really weird. im confused as hell. i was driving to school and had my music up and randomly the sub started playing again after like 10mins of driving and its been playing all day without any problems? what im thinking is my voltage droppeed yesterday to low and cause the amp to go into protect

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

idk why it started playing. but i havent really been bumping any hard songs, like jeezy and stuff. w.e was on the radio. im scared to bump it hard just in case the amp blows up lmao. still cofused tho.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

why would it be the ground?

1j1450.png

cuz its been fine for about 5 or 6 months. thats how long its been hooked up

1j1450.png

Just because of the systems that I have run, if I ever had a problem 9 times out of ten it ended up being a ground issue, you know car driving around and beating can cause the ground to loosen up or get corroded, it might not be the ground but that would be a good place to start looking though. Anyways glad to hear that it has fixed its self lol. :drink40:

i was kinda happy cuz it was a excuse to buy a new one :lol:

1j1450.png

That is odd indeed.

I had a similar case, and it turned out to be the fuse holder.

For some reason it would only let almost 2v go through, it didn't ground out just didn't let enough voltage go through.

When it goes out, wiggle the fuse.

I know it sounds odd, its just one of my experiences.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived