Sundown Audio

Amp went in protect mode?

chapo123

okay its a memphis mc2000d amp. ive had it like this for ever. except i had a 60 amp fuse, had to hold off for a 200amp till i got some cash. that fuse popped like every day but i could live with it. i just switched it out today for a 200amp fuse. played fine for about 3 mins then the sub stopped playing. so i thought the fuse popped and i was liek wtf when i saw the fuse didnt pop but when i look at the amp its in protect mode? why?? the fuse didnt even pop and i turned the car off and back on and it still in protect. ill have to check it out tommorow when it stops raining but im still confused as to why it did it. sub still aint playing. and its a 12 fi btl dual 1. i have it wired in series to 2 ohm. and the gain isnt even up halfway. any tips?? and its 2000watt rms so i thought a 200amp would be perfect and when i touched the amp it wasnt even room temp. so i know it didnt over heat or anything..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

So let me get this straight. You had a 60 amp fuse on it and blew them everyday? And instead of making sure there was no problems, you upgraded to a larger fuse?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well assuming 2000 watts and 12 volts using ohm's law i calculated that your max draw is about 166 amps. so odds are your fuse was too big and you got a surge that may have fried your amp.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

60 amp was way to small.. thats why it blew. and fuck to what baaaudio said.. really hope that didnt happen..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

well assuming 2000 watts and 12 volts using ohm's law i calculated that your max draw is about 166 amps. so odds are your fuse was too big and you got a surge that may have fried your amp.

How in the hell do you get a surge?

does that mean the bigger the fuse I put on the amp the more power it puts out?

If I put a 750 amp fuse on a 1000w amp will I get 8000w from it because the fuse will allow a surge?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i thought 200amp was fine because i posted a thread asking what size fuse and everyone said 200 or 150. didnt think it would fry the amp?? if its fried doesnt that mean it wouldnt turn on? cuz the lights still on its just in protect

1j1450.png

Archived