Sonic Electronix

How much of a diff should i expect from old setup to this one?

hey, well a while back my brother had 2 12 type r's in a prefab 1.25 cuft per chamber ported box. and a kenwood 1800watt amp (500rms per sub) pos amp that would overheat every 30 mins. he sold that. and that was with 8 gauge wiring and stock elc. now he has a hc800 in the back, and 4 gauge wiring, a t1000.1bd (1102rms at 2 ohm) and we are going to build a box this weekend (hopefully with no rain) i already got the design, its 1.78cuft per sub tuned at 32hz with 2 4" aero ports 13" long. and 8 gauge speaker wire. would there even be that much of a diff? i mean main diff is

1: 4 gauge not 8 gauge

2: small hc800 in the back, better then nothing

3: custom box tuned to 32hz and .53 more cuft per sub compared to prefab

4: using a t1000.1bd and not overrated like the kenwood

5: 8 gauge speaker wire instead of 12

and thats basically it, and im kinda scared to use the aeroports cuz ive never used them before.. is it true they are really good? im scared they wont move as much air as a requaler rectengle shaped port? and is 32hz a good tuning for rap/loudness and low ness? what do you guys think? my brothers gonna beat my ass if it aint a noticibly diff since hes dumping more money in it. please help guys!

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

and also he has a stock 140amp alt stock. and its a 04 mercades c230k 4 door with trunk (seats dont back down..) box is sub back port back

edit: whoops forgot to edit this into my top post lol.

Edited by chapo123

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

lol at 7 people viewing but no reply :peepwall::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1j1450.png

lmao i was hoping to get a reply before i went to bed. thought this was a pretty easy question, guess not :lol: i got school at 720am and its 11:35 right now. ill stay up a couple more mins to see anything

1j1450.png

but like to tell u the truth someone that might be able to help u out is someone that has a lot of experience building boxes since that will probably be a major change depending on tuning and how its built u know the drill

cowboys_logo.gif

lol somebody is probably gonna say try it and u tell us if there is a diffrence lol :drink40:

Try it and tell us if there is a difference.

Nah jk, What kind of difference do you mean? like more bass, cleaner bass, cleaner highs, etc etc?

But I would say the bass will be louder for sure.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

how so would it be louder? yes i just mean louder in general, flex, air movement, ears hurting diff. plus i know so much more now about car audio then i did before. why do you think itd be loudr?

1j1450.png

It should since your builing a box at your stats and it should be getting more power from the amp so id say yes you will but you wont know until your done with it..But you should be.better amp,better box.of course consedering you dont jack up all the gains and clip the subs to hell

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

All depends on the install. As you may have heard before......

Toyota Avalon

5% Tint

6000k HID

JVC AVX-720 HU

iPhone 3g

2 Memphis 15-MCC5 Component Sets (Front Doors)

2 Memphis 15-MC52 Coaxial (Back Doors)

1 MTX 9500 15" Dual 4 Ohm

Alpine MRP-F240 4 CH. 40 watts RMS (Doors)

MTX 8100.1

SCTD-logo.gifKobalt_-logogif.jpgMTXlogo.gifJVC-Logo-Mobile.jpgstmini_logo.jpgMidlandLogo1_250ph.jpg

Add Me On Facebook.