clicking at bass

hi guys got a question. today i reinstalled my amp and sub after taking it out for a couple days. all of a sudden my stock speakers click every time there's a bass note. i haven't changed anything from the original set up, but now since the sub and amp were put back in i'm getting MAD clicking at like half volume. speakers are also running off the deck. any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

reaper.png

Huh click like how???

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

did you run your rcas on the same side as your power wire??

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

you could just be touching wire in the back..or your getting feedback from the amp..could be the RCA on wahts been said before..Head unit going bad?

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

head unit shouldn't be bad not even a year old. made sure rca's are no where near power. i guess i'll just have to play around with it tomorrow. thanks for trying guys. oh sorry also meant to say rca's and power on opposite sides.

Edited by Reaper
reaper.png

head unit shouldn't be bad not even a year old. made sure rca's are no where near power. i guess i'll just have to play around with it tomorrow. thanks for trying guys.

I ran into problems like this with a head unit I had years ago. Some times if the RCAs touch each other they can short out and back feed to you head unit affecting the sound. Also if they touched your chassis at all that could be another thing. There's alot of things that It could be, might wanna try using a set of RCAs that aren't in your car and make sure you rule the RCAs out, if that doesn't fix it try a new or a buddies HU

Edited by CheezyMane13

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Are you sure they are actually producing a click? If your speakers can't keep up with your subs they can sometimes sound wavery, just from the pressure on your ears.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.