Sonic Electronix

Same thing happened to my buddy, his was a combination of a bad ground and his power and ground wire was not big enough.

Edited by jeyrapboy

and the shop isnt fixing all this? ram that car down that fuckers throat. he damn well better replace that amp too. the PDX amps are great and expensive, id be pissed if some one fucked up mine.

the ohm load shouldnt have effected the lights in the car... what it sounds like happened was something happened to send so much power through the amp that the lights were starved for power. most commonly caused by a short. however i do have to ask again, when the amps blew was he playing it loud? the last possibility i can think of is that the voltage could have dropped so much that it fried the amp. small gauge power and ground along with stock electrical, maybe the sub is wired to 1.5ohm. all that could make voltage drop possible but only if he was bumpin.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

and the shop isnt fixing all this? ram that car down that fuckers throat. he damn well better replace that amp too. the PDX amps are great and expensive, id be pissed if some one fucked up mine.

the ohm load shouldnt have effected the lights in the car... what it sounds like happened was something happened to send so much power through the amp that the lights were starved for power. most commonly caused by a short. however i do have to ask again, when the amps blew was he playing it loud? the last possibility i can think of is that the voltage could have dropped so much that it fried the amp. small gauge power and ground along with stock electrical, maybe the sub is wired to 1.5ohm. all that could make voltage drop possible but only if he was bumpin.

the first time it just blew the fuses and he didnt even have it on, the second time i was there and he had it all hooked up right the wire looked kind of small maybe like a 6 gauge but the amp didnt look that it could fit any bigger he left to go do some stuff and called me like an hour later saying it stopped working he didnt have it up loud or anything it shut off all the way and you could hear pieces moving around inside and it smelled really bad