Sonic Electronix

So basicly ive always had a sealed box... now ive decided to make a ported and have no clue on how to work out the port size.

anyone know exactly how its done?

i wanna get the port size all worked out so i can start a build log including the sub box and custom fiberglass parcel shelf and shiz :)

pleaze help.

measure from the middle of the port. Your port height will usually be 1.5 inches less than your total box height. Your width and length is what you mess with to determine the tuning. Look in the encclousures section and there's a tool called torres calc, download that and mess with your dimensions. a good tuning is usually in the neighborhood of 30-40 hrtz, but it all comes down to preferences.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

measure from the middle of the port. Your port height will usually be 1.5 inches less than your total box height. Your width and length is what you mess with to determine the tuning. Look in the encclousures section and there's a tool called torres calc, download that and mess with your dimensions. a good tuning is usually in the neighborhood of 30-40 hrtz, but it all comes down to preferences.

Thanks heaps bro. do my subs make any differance to how big it should be?

yes they do. you should always design the box around the volume your subs require

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Thanks heaps bro. do my subs make any differance to how big it should be?

well the general port area (width times height of port) for any box is 12-16 square inches per cubic foot of box area.

so if you have a 3 cubic foot box. 3*12 = 36 and 3*16 = 48. so shoot for 36-48sqin of port total.

Torre's calc tells you how much port area is recommended (port area range) and how much port area your box has (port area)

yes they do. you should always design the box around the volume your subs require

Well this is what my subs require... but i dont understand it :S

the paper says "Port (in.) [dia. x length] 4 x 8.5"

whats 4 x 8.5? how big is that? i know its inches but... yeah im so confused haha

sorry for the nooby as questions XD

that means you need your port to have a diamater of 4 inches, and a length of 8.5 inches.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

whats 4 x 8.5? how big is that? i know its inches but... yeah im so confused haha

ya thats for an aero port/pvc port

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

what woofers first off. and 90% of manufacturer's box plans suck dick. just stick with the 12-16sqin (14-16 recommended) of port area. 4*8.5 = 34sqin so that number is useless until you say how big the box they say has to be.

that means you need your port to have a diamater of 4 inches, and a length of 8.5 inches.

yes but i want a slot port :(

so how do i work that out? ive been sitting here for so long trying to but i just cant do it lol

im really good at all the boc building and fibreglassing but when it comes to the math i just cant get my head around it :(