Sonic Electronix

Is it normal to get recc. Volts @ 1/4 gain?

With my AQ1200, and my Fi 15" Q, I just set my gain with my DMM, and I am set at about 35 volts, at 40 on HU, and remote bass knob all the way up. The gain on my amp is roughly 1/4, maybe even 1/5 of the way to max. Is that normal? If so then dayummm AQ really underrates their equip :o

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Hey,

I would say that it is probably underrated, I didn't look it up, how many watts is the amp RMS?

I am new to the forum, I just posted a thread because I was bored and I got flamed out THE ASS!

Anyway,

GL on figuring it out, look up reviews on google about the amp and what your using, that has worked wonders for me

:D

its not underrated. remember, turning the gain all the way up doesnt mean itll do full power. you'd most likely clip the fuck out of the amp if you do that. the gain knob is so low because your headunit can output alot of voltage for preouts. the more voltage, the less gain you have to use, and the cleaner the sound will be.

Depends on how many volts the head-unit is putting out... 2v? 4v? 6v?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

its not underrated. remember, turning the gain all the way up doesnt mean itll do full power. you'd most likely clip the fuck out of the amp if you do that. the gain knob is so low because your headunit can output alot of voltage for preouts. the more voltage, the less gain you have to use, and the cleaner the sound will be.

true true. I know all that gibberish that gains aren't volume knobs. It just suprised me that it was putting out about 40 volts with it barely turned up

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

true true. I know all that gibberish that gains aren't volume knobs. It just suprised me that it was putting out about 40 volts with it barely turned up

if you're "worried" i guess you can call it, check to make sure you have all bass enhancement "features" off on your headunit/external EQ.

as said already, your hu rca voltage determines where you need to set the gain. I cant be all the way down a still put out full rated power,

i would say you need to turn the remote bass all the way off, you dont even really need to use the bass boost at all.

unless however it is a remote gain knob which im not sure if aq used them, if it is, you should set the amp with it all the way up or disconnected.