Sonic Electronix

How can I stop the rearview mirror from vibrating so loudly?

mine vibrated till it fell off metal tab, the screw is still all the way tight left a grove in tab. So, I mostly just use it when I am on the highway or if I have kids in the car, other than that I just take it down, and it rides shotty.lol If I don't take it off it will fall in just a few mins, lucky me it didn't pull the metal tab off, Thats what normally happens to me, brings a chunk of glass too.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

I have a few theories;

1.) it is vibrating against the windshield... in which case, put some sort of glue or something around it and wherever it is up off the glass.

2.) it is vibrating the plastic parts of the mirror together... in which case, find tightening screws or glue.

3.) there is a very small animal that hates the sound of bass somewhere in your car, and whenever you turn it up it makes a stupid noise... in which case, get a shotgun.

Thats my 2 cents haha.

I say call the police station and ask them about it. It has probably been asked before. Unless there is a crabby old receptionist lady that has a hard time believing that sound could break your rear view mirror LOL.

i have mine wedged in the up right position lol so in wont move, other wise i would take it completely off along with the small metal piece that it sits on...

just take it off. Its going to go anyways. probably take a chunk of the windshield with it.

Happened to me twice. Just remove it when you bump.

54098619.png