Stump me and win a prize

Here are the open questions. To prevent backtracking, get me some new ones!

what do you mean get you some new ones?

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

what do you mean get you some new ones?

I'm just saying, based on the rules, I have to use the last question asked after another one is open. If there are none to skip, I have to go backwards to keep three open at a time.

Asking more questions would prevent me from going backwards even though I'm making it through all of them. I'm back to page 2 now.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I'm just saying, based on the rules, I have to use the last question asked after another one is open. If there are none to skip, I have to go backwards to keep three open at a time.

Asking more questions would prevent me from going backwards even though I'm making it through all of them. I'm back to page 2 now.

so can i post mine then? lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

This question is a little odd ball. I'm almost wondering if it's a trick considering you only mentioned one theory. Maybe I'm just looking into it too much, but I'll assume you're talking about the options you listed. When you say matter reaches the speed of light, it gets converted to energy, you are referring to the theory of relativity. The second one is a law (law of conservation of mass and energy) which to this day has not been disproved. Scientists have encountered phenomena in space that could possibly lead to a break in this law, but they've found other evidence to support the law remains. I know in the past few years scientists have been disputing the speed of light as a constant due to some quasar light they've seen from 12 billion light years away. But to this day nothing has been proven other than independent scientists' written proofs, which are not accepted as they still teach both general and special theory of relativity in today's physics classes.

So your question cannot be answered...yet. But he has been wrong about other theories that stemmed from these.

All while growing up I was asking teachers what's the deal with this. It's just odd that one man would come up with both seeing as how they seem to contradict. I was actually hoping you could find me a definitive answer lol. I appreciate you looking into it.

In the anime bleach there are 13 protection squads. what does the name of the captain of sqaud 11 mean and whats the name of this person's sword?

All while growing up I was asking teachers what's the deal with this. It's just odd that one man would come up with both seeing as how they seem to contradict. I was actually hoping you could find me a definitive answer lol. I appreciate you looking into it.

Oh, so basically you don't understand the conversion at c? I can better explain my answer if you'd like. It's really not that complicated. I'd hate to leave you puzzled and since it's a recoup on a resolved question, it can be considered a debate and stay open.

Just let me know. :)

[email protected]

Here's one for you when you're finished with the rest. I'd love to know the answer because it's blowing my mind at the moment.

We all know about conservation of momentum.

Momentum = Mass * Velocity

and:

Kinetic Energy = 1/2Mass * Velocity^2

Say you have an object that weighs 2. Its Velocity is 2. So its momentum is 4. Its kinetic energy is also 4. (1/2 * 2 * 2 * 2)

It collides, frictionlessly, perfectly elastically, with an object that has weight of 1. Conservation of momentum dictates that the velocity will be 4. So momentum is unchanged at 4.

However, the kinetic energy of the system has changed. 1/2*1*4*4 = 8. So the energy has doubled. Where has the energy come from? No energy has been input to the 'system' and as Einstein teaches us, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed to another form (unless we're talking obliteration of mass, e=mc^2 blah blah). So how does the lighter object have twice the energy?

Let's solve this problem symbollically, and state it as such.

Also, do not use the word "weight" unless you are talking about a force. Mass and inertia are not forces, please say "HAS A MASS OF" rather than "weighs" or "has weight of". And if you are going to assign ANY data, you MUST include units.

Here is your problem better stated:

"A body of mass M initially at velocity v in the positive direction collides perfectly elastically with a second initially stationary body of mass m. Velocity v and the definition of 'stationary' are in the laboratory reference frame.

A. What are the resulting velocities of each body, magnitude and direction?

B. Was there a change in kinetic energy, why or why not?"

Also, we will neglect ALL relativistic effects. We are simply thinking like Newton, Einstein "isn't born yet".

Initial momentum:

p = M*v

Initial kinetic energy:

KEi = 1/2*M*v^2

Final momentum (equal to initial momentum as per conservation law):

p = M*vf1 + m*vf2

Final total kinetic energy:

KEf = 1/2*M*vf1^2 + 1/2*m*vf2^2

Conservation of momentum equation:

M*v = M*vf1 + m*vf2

What about kinetic energy? Why is KEi = KEf as our second equation? Because THAT IS THE DEFINITION of a perfectly elastic collision. Kinetic energy is FULLY CONSERVED in a perfectly elastic collision.

Thus our two equations and two unknowns are:

M*v = M*vf1 + m*vf2

M*v^2 = M*vf1^2 + m*vf2^2

Solving for our two unknowns:

vf1 = v*(M - m)/(M + m)

vf2 = 2*v*M/(M + m)

Now let's discuss the condition of M = 2*m, as per your above statement.

Our result simplifies:

vf1 = v/3

vf2 = 4*v/3

Both velocities are in the positive direction, because no negative signs result.

Is conservation of kinetic energy satisfied?

Well, initially, KEi = 1/2*M*v^2, thus KE=m*v^2.

Finally, kinetic energy:

KEf1 = 1/2*(2*m)*(v/3)^2 = m*v^2/9

KEf2 = 1/2*m*(4*v/3)^2 = 8*m*v^2/9

These add up to:

KEf = m*v^2

Applying data (assumed standard units):

M:= 2kg; m:=1 kg; v:=+2 m/s;

Results:

vf1 = 0.6667 m/s

vf2 = 2.6667 m/s

pi = +4 kg-m/s

pf = +4 kg-m/s

KEi = 4 Joules

KEf1 = 0.4444 Joules

KEf2 = 3.5556 Joules

KEf = 4 Joules

I don't know why you think kinetic energy of the system changed. It most certainly did not change at all.

That is the condition of a perfectly elastic collision, kinetic energy is CONSERVED.

[email protected]

In the anime bleach there are 13 protection squads. what does the name of the captain of sqaud 11 mean and whats the name of this person's sword?

His name is Robert Paulson... nah j/p.

Kenpachi Zaraki or Zaraki Kenpachi. It depends how you want to say it.

“Zaraki” means “grow late” or “night watch” or “tree”; “Kenpachi” means “sword” or “eight”. Zaraki is a name of the 80th district (the worst), so it would make sense why the name indicates one has to stay watch all night. Zaraki named himself “Kenpachi” because all the strongest men were named Kenpachi.

Even though you only get one question per post, I'll go ahead and answer this one (but it won't count if I'm wrong). Through all of the manga and all of the anime, there hasn't yet been a name for his zanpakuto, but the databook shows it is in shikai form nonetheless. There's a lot of speculation about what it could be, but unless the new issues have come out stating it, I can't find anything.

[email protected]

Archived