Help me be the LOUDEST at my school for senior year!

Ok so this was my last day in school as a junior. Im running a SMALL business right now building boxes and doing installs for poeple at school. Also working 2 other jobs for the summer trying to get about 50 hours a week (i want a good system bad enough to work 3 jobs).

So ill be making about $4,500 over the summer from these 3 jobs and my plans are to buy these things...

Amps:

Mids\highs - Undecided

Sub amp - T2500-1bd

Subs:

Fi BTL 18" Fully loaded

Wiring:

Rockford Fosgate 1/0 kit

Alt:

Iraggi 300a

Door Speakers:

RF Power series T152-s

So why im posting is... ive never heard an 18" even. But the person everyone know around here for the loudest kid with a system has 4 L7 15" subs powered by 4 Crunch 2000.1s.

Will i be louder than this with just one 18"? Will i need to save up and upgrade to 2 18"s?

Or do i not even have a chance. I really want to be know for this stuff, so any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys! im active on here now so ill answer pretty quick if you have questions!

Thanks for reading all this

Austin of AAAudio

Our website

Bro your wasting our time because someone will always be louder then you end of story.

How is he wasting his time? He never asked or said he wanted to be the loudest in his county/area. He is trying to be the loudest at just his school for his senior year.

To the OP, I doubt just having that sub will be louder than his, unless he made a horrible box for them.. I'd go with what Playa Named Joe said, and get some AQ 18s instead of the Fi's. They are cheaper, and are still good quality subwoofers. Roughly generally speaking, with the rule of the thumb of cone area, with 2 18s you'll have less than him. With 3 you will have more, or roughly the same (squares have a little bit more cone area than regular and I don't feel like calculating how much the L7s have).

To save a little bit more money, instead of going with RF wire (not saying they are bad or bashing RF), you can go with KnuKonceptz instead.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

your up against a huge cone area. to beat him in a burp youll need at least 4x his power off 1 18".

has he metered?

Nope he hasnt metered, i want him to so i can have a general area... If this vid helps at all this is him.. Thanks guys

(if that will even work for you)

Austin of AAAudio

Our website

How is he wasting his time? He never asked or said he wanted to be the loudest in his county/area. He is trying to be the loudest at just his school for his senior year.

To the OP, I doubt just having that sub will be louder than his, unless he made a horrible box for them.. I'd go with what Playa Named Joe said, and get some AQ 18s instead of the Fi's. They are cheaper, and are still good quality subwoofers. Roughly generally speaking, with the rule of the thumb of cone area, with 2 18s you'll have less than him. With 3 you will have more, or roughly the same (squares have a little bit more cone area than regular and I don't feel like calculating how much the L7s have).

To save a little bit more money, instead of going with RF wire (not saying they are bad or bashing RF), you can go with KnuKonceptz instead.

Thanks for being positive! and yeahthats some good advice im still learning how all these different setup options are going to work

Austin of AAAudio

Our website

I would say you need a good amount of power and more cone area for sure, im thinkin about 5k and 2 18's in a well built and designed box will get you louder then him except if he knows what he's doing when it comes to boxes

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived