Owners1 Posted February 20, 2011 Author Report Posted February 20, 2011 I just read this WHOLE build log from start to finish! I can tell you that it was definitely worth it This is clean as hell. I think you need more mids and tweets though haha that's a whole lot of reading to go through. glad you liked it though. I'll be making an uninterrupted as soon as everything is done soon. Mike No respond to texts Hello Kettle. Meet Pot. I've been told you're the king of that Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
Trippi Posted February 20, 2011 Report Posted February 20, 2011 Mikey I know you're "only" using 20,000 or so watts but if you wanted to add more, could you? Or is that type of enclosure best for "lower" powered systems? Do you know what I mean? I think the Level 5s can take at least double what you are giving them..so could you add more amps and do even more destruction? ( along with more upgades in your electrical of course) ~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~ DC4LYFE
Owners1 Posted February 20, 2011 Author Report Posted February 20, 2011 Mikey I know you're "only" using 20,000 or so watts but if you wanted to add more, could you? Or is that type of enclosure best for "lower" powered systems? Do you know what I mean? I think the Level 5s can take at least double what you are giving them..so could you add more amps and do even more destruction? ( along with more upgades in your electrical of course) I'll send you a text right now to explain it a bit Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
dwright27 Posted February 20, 2011 Report Posted February 20, 2011 Mikey I know you're "only" using 20,000 or so watts but if you wanted to add more, could you? Or is that type of enclosure best for "lower" powered systems? Do you know what I mean? I think the Level 5s can take at least double what you are giving them..so could you add more amps and do even more destruction? ( along with more upgades in your electrical of course) 6th orders are tough on woofer suspensions an soft parts iirc, and they are supposed to be pretty efficient, so a ton of power isn't needed to get them loud. At least from my understanding. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
dutchman-frans Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 I would like to extend my appreciation to Rusty Flowers and Bob at American Bass. Both of them have stepped up in a huge way and show that customer service and support goes a really long way. Thanks! I agree 100%. Definitely going to thank Rusty for the awesome CS he's given. Mike your going to need to weld new doors handles on the truck they are done. Passenger side is pretty much ripped clean off now and the drivers door is not looking good. The pressure is tearing the steel on your doors like paper. I am not going to play the truck at all again until I am back in Florida. HELL YEAH!!!! More like hell no.. kind of like when you break your windshield it's cool for about 2 minutes then your like.. how the hell am I going to fix this from happening again.. I understand, but i also think like your system can tare a hummer apart.... damn... I think you'll find a solution for it one way or another. I havent started building my car yet but i allready have 2 spare windshields! LoL I am planning to go to miami (2012), hope you still around by then for a demo
Owners1 Posted February 23, 2011 Author Report Posted February 23, 2011 I finally got my car back two days ago and got to hear it for the first time last night. All I gotta say is that you do NOT want to miss this if you're going to SBN. My hat is off to Mike Singer and Jay Kirkpatrick for this build and design. I don't even want to sit in the car anymore at full tilt. lol Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
ty_houston Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 I finally got my car back two days ago and got to hear it for the first time last night. All I gotta say is that you do NOT want to miss this if you're going to SBN. My hat is off to Mike Singer and Jay Kirkpatrick for this build and design. I don't even want to sit in the car anymore at full tilt. lol vids and pics or it didn't happen supercharged hummer h2 8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass 2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's) 2 Stetsom 14k2e's alpine ina-w910 dual Mike Singer350 amp alt 8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120 1 kinetic 2000 under the hood link to build log: My link
s-saudio Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 I finally got my car back two days ago and got to hear it for the first time last night. All I gotta say is that you do NOT want to miss this if you're going to SBN. My hat is off to Mike Singer and Jay Kirkpatrick for this build and design. I don't even want to sit in the car anymore at full tilt. lol vids and pics or it didn't happen Thanks Mike Laid out scores will not get posted until after SBN but I did get Mikey to let me post this. 18-20K RMS and still no voltage drop with only two of my alternators on his truck. For the NONbelievers (that the truck still is not laid out) watch voltage in the video. He barely even hits 16.9V Caprice Wagon build 2010 Florida Spring Break Nationals MECA Drive By Winner 161DB on 15K @ 41hz Eclipse Build 155+ No Wall 2007 Steel Valley Regionals 3X 139.9 Winner 2008 SoundXtreme 3X 149.9 Winner 2008 Slamology 149.9 3X Winner 2008 149.9 Bass Race World Champion 2009 149.9 Florida Spring Break Nationals Champion
s-saudio Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 mannnnn you are gonna get cancellation with the woofers aimed at eachother! just playin bro thats what lots of dumbasses tried to tell me on chickens caddy. anyway, this is an EPIC build!!! Great work, great results! I am highlighting this one for sure!!! Thanks Meade, What I find even more funny is the people still ripping on Kinetik batteries. Lots of dumbasses tried to tell me not to use Kinetik HC16Vs. 90 percent of the car audio community does not know how to maintain a 16V battery correctly so the Kinetiks always got a bad rep for it. Caprice Wagon build 2010 Florida Spring Break Nationals MECA Drive By Winner 161DB on 15K @ 41hz Eclipse Build 155+ No Wall 2007 Steel Valley Regionals 3X 139.9 Winner 2008 SoundXtreme 3X 149.9 Winner 2008 Slamology 149.9 3X Winner 2008 149.9 Bass Race World Champion 2009 149.9 Florida Spring Break Nationals Champion
Owners1 Posted February 23, 2011 Author Report Posted February 23, 2011 I finally got my car back two days ago and got to hear it for the first time last night. All I gotta say is that you do NOT want to miss this if you're going to SBN. My hat is off to Mike Singer and Jay Kirkpatrick for this build and design. I don't even want to sit in the car anymore at full tilt. lol vids and pics or it didn't happen Well, here's a cellphone vid from this morning.. still not playing full tilt and holding over a 158 just driving down the road. lol Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.