Alpine 9887 disc eject problem?

alright so i got the 9887 that is amazing as we all know. ITs a couple years old. I primarily use the ipod connection on it but i left my ipod at work so today i used the cd player. It was the first in like 2 months. It worked as normal and expected, and then when i got home i ended up leaving about an hour later and the disc was frozen at "2:53".

So i hit the "next track" button and nothin happened, i tried ejecting the disc, nothin. I then turned the car off and figured it just froze but nothin. It wont eject or even make a noise. The radio will work and im sure the ipod works too. When i go to "CD" it will just say "Eject" but nothing happens, all the buttons seem to work. Im assuming the Motor or somethin is fried?

Any suggestions on fixin it? I was gonna call the service center 2morrow to see how much it would be to fix it, just cause i love the deck and dont feel like spending 300 bucks on another one right now.

Brandon - Bassless since March 2010. :(

Yikes, I would remove power from the unit then hopefully it ejects when it powers back up.

That would be my first move

I did remove power to it and it still didnt work. Well all i did was pull the fuse that it runs off of. I didnt have time to pull it out and unplug it. But afterwork today I did take it out and ripped it apart. I took out the CD assembly completely to see if i could atleast get my disc out but i couldnt.Then i got to thinkin, if i plug it back in now, i bet it will work. And sure enough, i put everything back together and it works like a charm. It was quite fun dissasembling it, and it was very easy. Save myself some money and learned a little at the same time haha.

Brandon - Bassless since March 2010. :(

Archived