Sonic Electronix

doing some homework on my free amp and found out its a class a/b amp. and said to be 4 ohm only and rated at 550 x2 at 4 ohms. but since i have dual 4 ohm vc subs i been running it at 2 ohm stereo. amp doesnt seem to get real hot and i do beat on it sum. is it safe to keep running it this way. been 3 weeks and still slammin

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

doing some homework on my free amp and found out its a class a/b amp. and said to be 4 ohm only and rated at 550 x2 at 4 ohms. but since i have dual 4 ohm vc subs i been running it at 2 ohm stereo. amp doesnt seem to get real hot and i do beat on it sum. is it safe to keep running it this way. been 3 weeks and still slammin

Depends I guess, I ran my 2 of my channels bridged on my Kicker 650.4 for a while at 2ohms and it didnt protect till after about an hour and a half beating on it full tilt.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Depends I guess, I ran my 2 of my channels bridged on my Kicker 650.4 for a while at 2ohms and it didnt protect till after about an hour and a half beating on it full tilt.

but this amp isnt bridged just running dual 4 ohm vc subs per channel. but like i said its rated for 4 ohms only. it wont get hot or go into protect mode. starting to think its been modded or rebuilt to take 2ohms stereo

techforce_teamdbs.gif

its 4 ohm mono only i bet. so you can run it two ohm stereo as well.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

its 4 ohm mono only i bet. so you can run it two ohm stereo as well.

its a eclipse 34230 rated at 550 watts x2 at 4 ohms. i found sum specs on it via yahoo search but even it said 4 ohms had a dash at the 2 ohm rating. and is a class a/b amp a good thing?

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Archived