Sonic Electronix

I think the ones that connect to rcas! If you set your gain right with the turned up all the way, you will not exceed your set max gain! I think most of the bass knobs with the phone wire actually adjust bass boost. not so good = clipping!

Thats my opinion I am sure there many others with different opinions!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

rca. the knob that came with mine would make the subs pop when i moved the cord around inside the knob. with the RCA one you can add another amp and not have to worry about a knob.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I think the ones that connect to rcas! If you set your gain right with the turned up all the way, you will not exceed your set max gain! I think most of the bass knobs with the phone wire actually adjust bass boost. not so good = clipping!

no they work the same way, you cant turn it past the amp's gain setting. they both cut power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

no they work the same way, you cant turn it past the amp's gain setting. they both cut power.

I had an old rf power 1000.2bd I am pretty sure it was like turning the bass up on your HU, I think it even said +18 db on it. I am not a expert though. Not saying I am right or wrong. I havent had a bass knob in forever. I just use my HU sub controls.

regardless I would prefer rca bass knob if I had 2 choose.

Edited by bigredishott

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

So just turn down the gain on the amp a little bit and Im straight?

I had an old rf power 1000.2bd I am pretty sure it was like turning the bass up on your HU, I think it even said +18 db on it. I am not a expert though. Not saying I am right or wrong. I havent had a bass knob in forever. I just use my HU sub controls.

regardless I would prefer rca bass knob if I had 2 choose.

that would be a bass boost knob. some amps come with those and some come with a gain knob. if its a bass boost knob the definitely get the RCA knob.

that would be a bass boost knob. some amps come with those and some come with a gain knob. if its a bass boost knob the definitely get the RCA knob.

Confusion!! lols Anyways, like I said I would feel safer with the rca knob! I would be like cutting the volume down from your deck.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU