Sonic Electronix

The only way to truly know if an amp is clipping is to get it metered with an O-scope.

Clipping like has been said is not always audible and when your amp is clipping or even

the signal its receiving from the H/U is clipping its disastrous to your equipment.

(2)12" Rockford Fosgate P3's

(1)AudioQue 1200D

(1)AudioQue 4x90

6.5" Infinity Kappa Components

(2)6" Elemental Design e3.6's

6x9 Infinity Kappa Coax

JVC Arsenal H/U

Does a coil fry gradually? Or just in a second

Depends, have a look on youtube at videos of people blowing subs, some last for 5 minutes, some blow instantly. I depends on amount of overpowering and amount of clipping. I can give x subwoofer 200RMS more, and it will be fine, but if it is even slightly clipped, it will blow after a minute. But if I also give x subwoofer 400RMS more, even if it's clean, it will still blow after a minute. But give x subwoofer rated wattage, but clipped and it may blow over a week of use.

Make sense?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Depends, have a look on youtube at videos of people blowing subs, some last for 5 minutes, some blow instantly. I depends on amount of overpowering and amount of clipping. I can give x subwoofer 200RMS more, and it will be fine, but if it is even slightly clipped, it will blow after a minute. But if I also give x subwoofer 400RMS more, even if it's clean, it will still blow after a minute. But give x subwoofer rated wattage, but clipped and it may blow over a week of use.

Make sense?

LOL! I thought you were talking about an Alpine Type-X and I was like "you blew it on 400rms of clean power?!?" Then I read it again and felt dumb.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I'm putting 400 RMS watts to a DVC CRV 15" Kicker.. (500RMS

I don't know what the amp is.. It has no name, but I metered it and got about 400watts RMS at 2 ohms.

i didnt know honda's came in dvc 15" configurations