Sonic Electronix

Well, recently my amps have been cutting off at the same time then within 3 seconds to 1 minute they immediately turn back on and play just fine! (until they randomly cut off again)

I'd appreciate any help or possible reasons for this happening I can get

My setup:

Stock silver battery

Stock eighty(number turns into smiley lol)-amp alternator

(1) 15" Kicker L7 04' model

(1) Hifonics Brutus BXi 1206D (wired to 1 ohm)

(1) Rockford Fosgate PRIME R150-2

(1) Kicker DS component set

4 gauge wiring

inline 250A fuse

tsunami distribution block

knukonceptz rca's

I think that it has something to do with my power wire because i know its not over-drawing my stock electrical system, my voltage hardly drops.

This stopped happening for like the past 2 weeks then just started again 2 days ago.

P.S: I live in Florida if the temperature has anything to do with it.

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Check to see if there is any wire exposed where the power wire goes into the amp, if there is... wrap electrical tape around it

Alright, its only like that on my hifonics, and just ever so slightly. But both amps cut off at exactly the same time.

Also, should I do the same at the distribution block and inline fuse? I never knew that could cause this kind of problem.

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Agreed, also make sure that you ground is solid. Make sure it touch bare metal and not paint. So it a nice and strong ground.

Agreed, also make sure that you ground is solid. Make sure it touch bare metal and not paint. So it a nice and strong ground.

Thanks guys, I'll go do that and redo my grounds. Posting back in about 10 minutes to let ya know the results.

00' Nissan Xterra

Thanks guys, I'll go do that and redo my grounds. Posting back in about 10 minutes to let ya know the results.

If they are are all doing it at the same time, its is most likely and issue with the power or ground from you car. So check the distribution point on you battery or distro blocks. It most likely is one main wire causing all the amps to shut off, also is your amps all hooked up to one remote wire from your headunit. You might wanna try making a jumper from your positive to see if that works too.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Cool cool.

Alright, its only like that on my hifonics, and just ever so slightly. But both amps cut off at exactly the same time.

Also, should I do the same at the distribution block and inline fuse? I never knew that could cause this kind of problem.

I figured that out on my own, if I played anything with ANY sweep in it, bass that is, it would pop the fuses in my amp... IDK how... it just did... whether it was in a song, or sine sweep.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

Or not enough power general. Running on just one battery, a stock one at that. Gotta think, its running all your accessories in your car along with your audio stuff. Add another battery. You're trying to draw to much power, so the amps are probably going into protect.

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

Or not enough power general. Running on just one battery, a stock one at that. Gotta think, its running all your accessories in your car along with your audio stuff. Add another battery. You're trying to draw to much power, so the amps are probably going into protect.

Adding a battery wouldn't solve an overdrawing problem because batteries don't generate more power, silly. :D

So, my switch to my amps ...one of the wires was loose..stupid solder. And my grounds were getting a bit loose somehow, but I fixed and played music for about 5 minutes and no problem. I'll know by tomorrow if that was the problem.

Appreciate the help gentlemen. =]

edit: the amps weren't going into protect, just turning off and turning back on shortly, which is why i think the remote wire switch was the problem.

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra