Second Skin Audio

Need Help Deciding

Need help deciding  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which setup should I go with??

• 1 18" sub
    • 4 12" subs

Okay, so basically I'm strung between buying a single 18" sub, and 4 12" subs. The 12's would be louder, and theyd cost about the same, and I like the way 12's sound, which makes me lean that way, but then again having a single sub being real loud does have a certain wow factor...Both setups would be in real complex boxes, with the 4 12's being in an all fiberglass box...Ported of course...Both setups ran off a t10001bd...

I'd probably get a BL if I got an 18, and probably some diamond d3 subs if i went with 4 12's...they look like this:

d312d2.jpg

Basically I can't choose, so please vote and let me know why you picked what you picked.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

yea i used to have a d6...sounded good but I wasnt that thrilled with it. Buddy of mine has 2 10" d3's and they sound real good, so I have no qualms with going with Diamond. Although I will take suggestions. Anything $90 or under per sub.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

yea i used to have a d6...sounded good but I wasnt that thrilled with it. Buddy of mine has 2 10" d3's and they sound real good, so I have no qualms with going with Diamond. Although I will take suggestions. Anything $90 or under per sub.

well those d3's would prolly slam i know someone that has 2 12's and they sound alright i guess its his amp or box then.