Sonic Electronix

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are low end Audiobahn amps good

• Yes
    • No

I think that audiopipe amp will suit tht cvr pretty well. Or a kicker zx300.1 in my opinion

Funny that you mention that. I have a zx300.1 sitting right in front of me. But at 150w @ 4 ohm I think it would be under powering the sub quite a bit. I plan on trading it with a friend for an alarm system.

Ok thanks for the advice I had no idea they went out of business. So with the phoenix amp you recommended wiring the sub paralell and then bridging the amp. If I wire it parallel wont it decrease impedence to 1 ohm? Minimum impedence bridged is 4 ohm and the specs dont state the amp is 1 ohm stable at any type of wiring. . . And if I wired the sub series that amp does 500w @ 4 ohms bridged that wont be overpowering my little sub? At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I didn't know about the type of fuse multiplied by the batt. voltage would help me figure out how much power its really putting down. It makes sense though.

Also just realized the max input gauge is 8. I already have 4g wire in my car from my last set up.

Finding an amp is such a pain in the ass. Can you recommend anything else? My new sub has been sitting here all week and I'm starting to get ancy, guess I'll bump my max spending limit to $150.

<- poor student

Thanks!

yo buddy. you wont be wiring in parallel when bridging it to the phoenix gold amp. you should wire it in series. making the load 4 ohms. 4 ohms bridged on the amp will output around 400 watts, just what you need ;)

Good luck.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D