Recently I upgraded my stock 65 amp 2g to a 3g 130 AMP ALT off of a mustang. Everything works great only drops to 12.7 with high beams, ac on, and stereo full tilt (compared to low 10s with just my system on at moderate levels). My problem is the belt sequeals 3 seconds at start up or when I'm playing full tilt. I've tried bigger and smaller belts, repositioning the alt a few ways. When I put the old 2g on no squeal.

Edited by kickerguy911

1993 Chevy S10

Reg Cab

JVC Head-Unit

Sony 4x6s

2 10" Eclipse 6010s

2.4 cu/ft @ 36hz

Fosgate 650.2

Recently I upgraded my stock 65 amp 2g to a 3g 130 AMP ALT off of a mustang. Everything works great only drops to 12.7 with high beams, ac on, and stereo full tilt (compared to low 10s with just my system on at moderate levels). My problem is the belt sequeals 3 seconds at start up or when I'm playing full tilt. I've tried bigger and smaller belts, repositioning the alt a few ways. When I put the old 2g on no squeal.

1993 Chevy S10

Reg Cab

JVC Head-Unit

Sony 4x6s

2 10" Eclipse 6010s

2.4 cu/ft @ 36hz

Fosgate 650.2

Any help would be nice been a member over 3 years now and this is why i never posted anything. The one time i need help no one cares.

1993 Chevy S10

Reg Cab

JVC Head-Unit

Sony 4x6s

2 10" Eclipse 6010s

2.4 cu/ft @ 36hz

Fosgate 650.2

Any help would be nice been a member over 3 years now and this is why i never posted anything. The one time i need help no one cares.

3 years? june of 09 isnt 3 years. its 10am and you expect help like that?

get a better alt thats actually made for your car and not one that was from a different generation car. by the way higher amperage alts are harder to spin than lower amperage ones.

higher amperage alts are harder to spin than lower amperage ones.

What he said... Since it is harder to spin, you are getting belt slip. Tighten your belt, or if its worn, get a new one. Also, are the pulley's the same diameter? If the pulley on the 130amp alt is smaller, you may need to get a smaller belt.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Sorry guys just a little stressed at work. I have been a member for over 3 years, diff screen names. I posted this 2 3 days ago 40+ views no response anyway. I can't afford a h/o right now and 130 amp does what i need it to for the moment. I have bought a bigger and smaller belt, the pulley is a little bigger than stock. Auto Zone said that a need a new tensioner, but i dont trust them at all for electrical. Kranny this alt is the best I can do for a few months is there any way to alt speed to sync to the speed of my belt and pulleys. Any tips/tricks? Again sorry for acting like a dick thats not me.

Bought two new belts a 90 in or mm and a 90.5 the truck has a automatic tensioner.

Edited by kickerguy911

1993 Chevy S10

Reg Cab

JVC Head-Unit

Sony 4x6s

2 10" Eclipse 6010s

2.4 cu/ft @ 36hz

Fosgate 650.2

When you say that you tried bigger and smaller, exactly how much bigger and smaller (only 1 size either way?)? How much will the belt move if you really push on it? 1/2 inch? 1 inch? 1/8th of an inch? Also remember that belts do stretch over the first week or two. If the belt seems tight, but not too tight and is brand new it will stretch out a bit and become more elastic. Only then do you know for sure if the belt is sized correctly or not.

One other thing, you're sure it's your belt squealing and not the bearings in the new alt right?

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

One size bigger and one size smaller, when i spin the alt pulley its smooth as butter. The belt seems to be tight enough. The tensioner is in the middle of the range not to tight not to loose. Any info i could give to help out let me know.

1993 Chevy S10

Reg Cab

JVC Head-Unit

Sony 4x6s

2 10" Eclipse 6010s

2.4 cu/ft @ 36hz

Fosgate 650.2

One size bigger and one size smaller, when i spin the alt pulley its smooth as butter. The belt seems to be tight enough. The tensioner is in the middle of the range not to tight not to loose. Any info i could give to help out let me know.

If the bearings on the tensioner are going bad, it can squeal, but you need to determine if that is what it is, we can't tell that from a forum. Look at your belt, where it has the longest distance between pulleys. Push down on it. How far can you push it?

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

try a gates belt from napa never had a problem with them slippin

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1