Sonic Electronix

whats more important, db or massive air movement

just wondering your opinions..there are people with two 15" putting up higher dbs than people with 4-15s or 2-18s or more..we know the larger woofer set up is moving more air and doing more flex,..which do you prefer,,high scores,,or just being able to destroy your ride with so much flex

I prefer clear accurate controlled bass that can knock the air out of your lungs. I sound deaden my cars to reduce flex and body panel damage. Fuck numbers. I'm happy if my ears are

Alpine F1 Status

DD CS6.5 x2 Front Stage

DD 9512H

DD M4a @ 2 ohm

DD S2b @ 8 ohm per channel

I run high ohn loads for MASSIVE headroom and cleaner SQ

270amp alt

D2400 up front

D3100 x2 batter in back

Personally I think that it is a balancing act, for a daily I would want as much of both as possible but I would give up a little bit in the db department to get them low low's. If I had a car that was more for just the fun of it, I'd be pushing for 160 lol. :drinks:

I prefer clear accurate controlled bass that can knock the air out of your lungs. I sound deaden my cars to reduce flex and body panel damage. Fuck numbers. I'm happy if my ears are

i agree,,, im into scaring the hell out of people in the demos,,i like the power woofers can produce,,its amazing that subs can bend metal,and break stuff

beats vs spl in a lot of cases is about how much sound you keep in the car. 6 15s with 18000 watts and tons of panel flex will get spanked in spl lanes by 2 15s with 9000 watts and little to no panel flex. When I sound deadened my crossfire with 2900 watts going to 1 btl 12 I went up 2.6db

Alpine F1 Status

DD CS6.5 x2 Front Stage

DD 9512H

DD M4a @ 2 ohm

DD S2b @ 8 ohm per channel

I run high ohn loads for MASSIVE headroom and cleaner SQ

270amp alt

D2400 up front

D3100 x2 batter in back

I like clean sound, and if you can move a shit load of air and scare people than do that too. I personally dont care about numbers, money can buy numbers. Just clean music and some moving air is all ya need :drink40:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

beats vs spl in a lot of cases is about how much sound you keep in the car. 6 15s with 18000 watts and tons of panel flex will get spanked in spl lanes by 2 15s with 9000 watts and little to no panel flex. When I sound deadened my crossfire with 2900 watts going to 1 btl 12 I went up 2.6db

i just some times get tired of hearing kids say i got two 12s that hit harder than your four 18s,,but i know my 18s are flexing my yukon way more than their car,,its just way more intence

meter with them. and when you score higher at 30hz then they do at 50. just say you never wanna hear them say anything about their 12's again haha

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

lol, my 15's i kno im not puttin up high numbers but i kno that dad called me when i was in the other house in the basement adjusting my amps with my truck off and it all sealed up inside ecept for a 4ftx6ft hole in the wall for a window and he said i was shakeing his bed about 100ft away or so, maby more

i dont give a shit about numbers cause theres not that many ppl around here that i kno of that competes

i want a good clean overall sound, none of that booom booom boom shit with no mids n highs, i want my shit all even, i guess im more into sq now than anything and i kno what i got aint a damn bit sq but still sounds good as shit

haha i was showing one of my friends my truck the other day and i was playin pure silicon orignal not screwed n chopped, and with the doors shut, windows up and truck off, i was makeing my windsheld washer bottle lid move all over the place lol

i just wished i could fix my back glass from vibrateing so much

and to me it was a lil louder with my ported boxs in my truck, but i would give that up for some lows i got from my sealed downfire box :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived