will this be ok for 2k rms?

I have a stock 145 amp alt, and stock battery under hood, and one optima redtop in the back, and im pulling about 3200RMS, adn i only get voltage drop to low 12v when on full tilt

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

I checked XS Power's wattage guide and it says that the D6500 is good for 3,000W if used as the primary batt, and 4,000 if used as a acc, batt. I think your set if you go with that!

Oh and heres the guide if you want to know the stats on most all of their batts...

xspower_flyer-left.jpg

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

my t1000 has a 150 amp fuse so im guessing 150amps LOL

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

and also it depends what ohm load youre wiring at

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

A HO alt for 1000rms ? That's what they call overkill !!!

For more than 2000 it may be necessary.

Not sure if you read the whole thread, or just misunderstood...he obviously wants to upgrade, and is settling for only 1k on what he has now; hence eventually he will need a HO alt. Not on just 1k. ;)

I'm running less than 1K RMS on my stock alt with a big three done with 1/0 stock battery, I have insane voltage drop, and Decafs music doesn't help that at all....

What the TS has is alright for a while IMO. You have a different setup (stock alt could be much lower, stock batt minus any extras), and I know you have been bumping it for awhile too...and Decaf's music doesn't help. But that brings me back to my previous comment.

I advise and prefer to upgrade electrical first...but that's what works best for me.

Archived