Sundown Audio

help with my 4ch

PUNKYOU007

I need some help setting my 4 channel. I have had 4 ch amps before but non of them had so many options like my cadence C9.

Basically right now I have my subs out of the truck so i can get the box upholstered, painted or Line-xed. So all i have is my highs. They sound great and they get loud, but I think now is a perfect time to dial them in. I will try to get some pics up ASAP so you can see what I am working with, but if anyone has a suggestion on setting I would appreciate it. The only EQ I have is on my Eclipse AV8022 HU. I know eq settings are kinda personal but would some of you mind showing me how you have yours set?

I just wanna mess around and try to get the best sound possible but I will be honest, I dont know much about setting eq's or the settings on a 4 channel. My last 4 channel was pretty basic when it came to settings.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

This is not "my" amp but mine is the same. Any help or just a general direction on how I should try the setting would be great.

IMG00435-20100608-2020_crop.jpg

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

• 2 weeks later...

Still needing some guidance here.

d(-__-)b

Don't use Bassboost or bass foucs.

Just set the mode to 4 or 2channel depends on how much components you have.(and if you're using active or passive crossover)

the other settings are personal settings except the subsonic, if u think the components have too much excursion on some songs just put it a bit higher.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Don't use Bassboost or bass foucs.

Just set the mode to 4 or 2channel depends on how much components you have.(and if you're using active or passive crossover)

the other settings are personal settings except the subsonic, if u think the components have too much excursion on some songs just put it a bit higher.

Yeah I'm an asshole....LOL. My lil 4" speakers in my a pillars have been moving like a sombitch. I got to playing with the amp actually about an hour ago...turned the subsonic up, guess what, shit sound so much better and my 4's don't look like lil subs. both of the bass controlls are turned all the way down. Gain is just under 3/4. Amp is set to clone 3/4 so i only have one gain control to worry about.

Need to figure out what to do with the xover tho. The switch is set to x10 and the xover is about in the middle.

d(-__-)b

Archived