2000 Chevy Suburban 5.3 Performance Upgrades

idk how that transmission will like 500 WHP being stock. I've seen 'em come apart with stock motors.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Transmissions can be rebuilt and built better.....once the motor is where it needs to be...I can see where we are with the trans.....need to get the motor taken care of first.....one thing at a time and step by step.......just need to know how much head work is going to be involved if a aggressive cam is put in????????

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Transmissions can be rebuilt and built better.....once the motor is where it needs to be...I can see where we are with the trans.....need to get the motor taken care of first.....one thing at a time and step by step.......just need to know how much head work is going to be involved if a aggressive cam is put in????????

idk what those heads are like stock, but I know you'll need screw in studs and guideplates, studgirdles, some good roller rockers, and some good valve springs. Maybe some bigger valves.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

roller rockers are in there now.....but I have been told and by more than one person that it is a pretty easy mod....that is installing the new cam and that provided I dont go ape shit with the lift that not much more is needed outside of a tune....I have also been told that the bottom end is good for 600-650 not that I will make that much but you know......I have my audio build here on the forum....I am doing the whole truck and want everything to be right that goes for the motor etc.....I will be painting the engine compartment when it comes time but I have a second motor already just sitting so I need to get started tearing it down

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

stock block is good to 700whp

heads flow enough for 850whp

to get 500whp you will have to do alot more work than what you said..

or drop a blower on it.

a good cam, long tubes, tune, cai will give you about 330-350whp depending on drivetrain.

Is it 4wd?

to get 500whp... you would want to do a lq9 swap the 6.0L

head work, springs, retainers,arp studs, big cam, cai, long tubes, 3" pipe, no-cats, some magnaflows, run 100 octane, and 1 hell of a tune. and still might have to squeeze it a little.

I own an 04 burban, with tune, long tubes, 3" pipe,no cats, cai, tune, gears, eaton posi, 2wd and i put down 365whp that a long way from 500

consider your truck stock puts down 210-220whp

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Thanks man....I was toying with the idea of the 6.0 but I wasnt sure about the harness....I didnt want to have to swap that too....although i have heard that I can drop it right in too...a lot of misinformation I guess.....what do you think....I have a 2wd......

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

6.0 will drop right in, dont need to change anything.

but the tune will have to be done right then.

trucks computer wont deliver enough fuel ..

done that swap a few times.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

• 2 weeks later...

I see you are going for alot of HP gains. I just did the swiss cheese mod and did a K&N drop-in, in my 2001 Suburban. Nice throttle response gain, different sound too. Only took about 20 mins and cost about $50 for the filter. drill as many holes in the dirty side of the air box as you can...just make sure you drill the dirty side only. Allows for much much more air flow! Cheaper than a CAI and it still looks stock.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Archived