2000 Chevy Suburban 5.3 Performance Upgrades

Ok, so I have a 2000 Chevy Suburban with the 5.3L and I am looking for a lot more pep in the step......I know that it can be bored to a 5.7 or even a 6.0 but I was wondering about a cam. Im not sure what the max lift is with stock heads or if I should port and polish the heads to allow a even bigger cam. Let me know what you think....

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

check out Tahoeyukonforum.com

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

TYForum.com

BlackBear Tune

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

Just curious, why spend the money on performance mods past boltons like headwork? It's a suburban it's not meant to go fast and pretty much won't no matter what you do to it besides insane weight reduction and power adders with a huge pill lol

cai, long tubes, cam, tune

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Why do mods....because I want to....Why put a system in a car, why do anything.....I will have a ton of weight in the car and I want extra power.....Anyway the cam is going to happen and the heads are getting done beyond that the push rods, springs, rockers, timing chain, intake, etc I am not sure yet.......but the other motor is getting tore down as we speak...

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

no need to do any headwork, unless your going for 450/500 wheel

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I am hoping to be around 500 at the tires......I have been told that the bottom end is good for around 650......What I am hoping for is a cam, intake and program to be around 500.....what do you think??????

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Archived