HID Dual In Dual Out Harness?

Im looking up some HID's for my friends 2003 Mitsubitchy Montero Sport, and he has 9007 hi/lo bulbs so says Sylvania (3 wires for each bulb if that matters)

im looking on DDMTuning, and i see the slim ballasts that he wants have an option for a Dual In Dual Out Harness and its a $15 addon...what does this do?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

also ive been looking on google for a "regular" 9007 bulb since DDM lists both 9007 AND 9007 Hi/Lo and i cannot find a regular one so im confused on that also.

Im looking up some HID's for my friends 2003 Mitsubitchy Montero Sport, and he has 9007 hi/lo bulbs so says Sylvania (3 wires for each bulb if that matters)

im looking on DDMTuning, and i see the slim ballasts that he wants have an option for a Dual In Dual Out Harness and its a $15 addon...what does this do?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

also ive been looking on google for a "regular" 9007 bulb since DDM lists both 9007 AND 9007 Hi/Lo and i cannot find a regular one so im confused on that also.

Not sure about the dual in/out thing, i know ddm has the 9007 (hi/lo) for the extra amount. I know a buddy who has purchased it and the highs wont work, doesnt really matter to him though.

Team DC Audio : Team Shok : Team NWSPL Co-Founder

Head: Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

Front Stage: Morel Tempo 6.5's/ CDT 6.5's

Subs: (4) 15'' DC XL's, 15 cubes @ 38hz

Sub Amps: (2) Shok 5k's

Speaker Amp: Shok 100.4

Wiring: Shok Industries 1/0

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

• 3 months later...

for those 9007 bulb types you have HID kits with just low, if you get that when you hit the brights in the vehicle they wont change, it will just stay the same.

if you pay the extra few bucks for the hi/lo 9007 kits you WILL be able to switch from highs and lows. the bulb itself fits in the same as reg 9007 bulb but has smaller bulb attached to it, hard to explain

wiring wise they would both hook up the same only thing is the hi/lo has the extra wire that would switch to brights

hope that helps..

Oh ok so the Dual in Dual out harness is only useful if you get the 9007 hi/lo setup, if you just get the regular 9007 then there is no point in getting Dual in Dual out, correct?

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Oh ok so the Dual in Dual out harness is only useful if you get the 9007 hi/lo setup, if you just get the regular 9007 then there is no point in getting Dual in Dual out, correct?

thats what im thinking. if you Do get just the lows HID you dont need anything. maybe the harness if you decide. i put that on all my HID kits.

The dual in/dual out harness is a relay harness. Basically instead of having two separate relays it takes both signals in and puts power to both ballasts, hence dual in/dual out.

118_I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Im a bit confused, I was told that 4500k would be brightest/whitest but on the chart it looks like 4500 is more yellow and 5000k is more on the white side. Im ordering from DDM and this pic is off their site, could theirs be a bit different?

hid-color-chart-projector.jpg

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Archived