DC Sound Lab

What am I doing WRONG?!

I just watched (thor I think) level 6 video and DAMN. I need to get some shit like that. Its tuned to (I think) 24hz? What are the benefits of tuning that low? I was always told stay above 30... But yeah, benefits? Is it not as loud? Is there only good airflow? Is it possible to change the tuning (say 22hz) to 42hz (for comps) easier than doing it from 32 to 42? I am looking to have my next box (building soon!) to have a slider / add stuff in it to change the tuning of it.

My level 5 right now is being pushed by a 3500D and the box is tuned to 31.5hz. I don't think I could get anybody's hair to move in the window.... yet.

Hi, the latest video of the level 6 in action would be Heath. You can tune lower, but you want to make sure you know what your doing or your going to fry something. Some people build a removable plug that they insert in their port to change the tuning. As far as your level 5 on that 3500D, what vehicle do you have it in?

2001 Buick Lasabre Limited

DC Power engineering 270 Alternator

JVC Arsenal KD-R975BTS

4-XS Power D3400
Mclaren Audio MLM-580 5.25 mids (Front Stage)

Rockford Fosgate Power T1T-S Tweets (Front Stage)

Memphis Car Audio MCX69 (Rear Stage)

Crescendo BC5500
2 DC Audio 12" XLs
3.2 cuft box ported, tuned to 32hz

Heath has a port tuned to 48 for comps and a plug in port tuned to 28 hertz which in my opinion is the only way to go if you want really good #s and still do hairtricks the 28 to 32 hertz tuning is for chopped and screwed and low lows.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Do you have fold down seats, or any way to let some of the sound in the car from the trunk? Your setup should be pretty loud. I have 2 12's in the trunk of a Buick, as you can see from my sig but my setup is pretty loud to me. I only have a 6x10 opening in my backseat where the arm rest is.

2001 Buick Lasabre Limited

DC Power engineering 270 Alternator

JVC Arsenal KD-R975BTS

4-XS Power D3400
Mclaren Audio MLM-580 5.25 mids (Front Stage)

Rockford Fosgate Power T1T-S Tweets (Front Stage)

Memphis Car Audio MCX69 (Rear Stage)

Crescendo BC5500
2 DC Audio 12" XLs
3.2 cuft box ported, tuned to 32hz

Do you have fold down seats, or any way to let some of the sound in the car from the trunk? Your setup should be pretty loud. I have 2 12's in the trunk of a Buick, as you can see from my sig but my setup is pretty loud to me. I only have a 6x10 opening in my backseat where the arm rest is.

I had like 85% of the seat folded down I want to say. Theres two parts, one 85 the other 15 about... I usually dont fold down the smallest part because its still a wiring nightmare back there (out of sight, out of mind..hah). And no I do not have my trunk sealed off yet. I am waiting on the rebuild of my box to seal it off. But I did tweak the SSF a little bit. I noticed it was lower than it should be (not too much but a little). I can turn it up a little bit more now but I am worried about magnet slap. It happened to me once (I think it was magnet slap at least) and scared the shit out of me. I haven't really pushed it sense...

Heath has a port tuned to 48 for comps and a plug in port tuned to 28 hertz which in my opinion is the only way to go if you want really good #s and still do hairtricks the 28 to 32 hertz tuning is for chopped and screwed and low lows.

.. I havent really listen to much chopped and screwed stuff. I actually looked it up for the first time ever about a week ago. I am a huge bass head. I mainly listen to the bass lines of songs and the drums and whatnot. I really like
song for example. The third bass drop is too low (37 seconds in) for my box now but the second bass drop (0:34) hits hard as hell. I know some ICP songs go that low (I think it hits 30hz), some other dorrough songs, some slim thug, gucci man. The list goes on and on. From my ear (no term lab) that's were my car peaks at because everything rattles to death. I officially lost my license plate to that song and am still waiting for the replacement. Edited by Hell-Razor