Sonic Electronix

So the other day I was taking a trip to the local grocery store and my amp shut off. I took it out and opened it up and was so clean I could see my reflection on the board like it just came out of the factory. So I looked around in it and didnt see any burnt up parts or melted legs so could it be that it just stopped working and died? I decided to put it back in, this time I had someone watching the lights on the amp and he said the red protect light turn on for a bit than went off. Anyone know what could be causing this?

'01 Honda Accord EX 4 Cyl4/18/13

Started new build

Headunit: JVC kdx250bt

Sub Amp: Hifonics Hifi 2000d

Door Amp:

Rear Amp:

Sub(s): SQ HDC3-12

Battery(s): Stock

Wire: Knu 1/0 and 4awg

Big3:

my hifonics amp has the red protection light on for a while till it turns green if i remember correctly as a start up testing procedure...just saying, idk if your amp is like that.

but x2 what loudnlow said.

Thermal protection.

End thread.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

A bad ground will definitely cause this. Check your rear ground and make sure it is nice and tight. My friend from school was complaining about the same thing... He ran a screw through the steel for a ground and a thread popped back out and it was loose as shit...

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I've never been real sure on if my ground is good or not. Its on nice shiny sanded down metal but I think recently there has been some corrosion around it so when my new wire arrives tomorrow I'm gonna try a different spot and see whats up.

'01 Honda Accord EX 4 Cyl4/18/13

Started new build

Headunit: JVC kdx250bt

Sub Amp: Hifonics Hifi 2000d

Door Amp:

Rear Amp:

Sub(s): SQ HDC3-12

Battery(s): Stock

Wire: Knu 1/0 and 4awg

Big3:

Archived