Help.. 97 Buick Lesabre problems

Okay, here goes nothing. I have a 1997 Buick Lesabre with a 3.8 v6. Motor went (long story due to infamous UIM) anyways.. swapped motors.. During the swap, keys were lost. Replaced lock cylinder and didn't know the resistance of the pellet in the key for the vat/passkey I system. So I bought a pack, assembled all 15 resistors and went to work. I tried them all until I found the one that worked.

Just so happened to be key # 15. With a resistance of 11,800 ohms. Put it in and it worked for a little while.. I finished putting the motor back together (air box, buttoned up rad and such.) Went to fire the car, I hear a spark, and it sounded like it came from starter. I go out.. can't tell, nut on the starter is tight and the battery posts clean and tight. After spark/clicking a few times.. it won't do anything. No gauges, nothing. I can't tell whats going on. My main suspect is the vats system is acting up. The security light blinks all the time now when the key is off and when the key is on, its solid. When the right resistance is read, the security light shouldn't be on..

Tl:dr If you know anything about newer electronics in cars.. read it I explained all my problems. If you don't know much, don't bother. NO stupid ass "Google is your friend" shit, because I've spent too long on Google, not answering my problem.

MY thoughts are TDM is acting up.. or BCM is bad.. Please give me some ideas..

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

On my regal the bcm fried itself somehow I bought a new one and had it reset to match the passkey settings. Most likely you wont need a new one but it sounds like you have to get the factory alarm reset on the bcm. I wish I could tell you where to go other than the dealer thou.

current setup:

car: 2003 regal ls

subs: 2-10 memphis audio c3

amp: undecided

fronts: Memphis pr 5.25

h/u: pioneer 6100bt

Yeah. I've been spending a LOT of time readin about it. I finally found my bcm and I'm supposed to get a module here in the next few days to create the signal I need to enable the injectors. I figure if my gauges don't work, I'll put a tripod on the a pillar with the ones I need. Lol. I have my bcm out beside me and I'm getting the wiring ran for my module then I'll be good to go. It bypasses the vats module completely and the starter enable relay. Fuckin bcms, I tell ya lol.My uncles Tarus's bcm went and I know the one in my moms van must be actin up to.. Oh well. I'll report back when I get the new module.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

• 1 month later...

Archived