Sonic Electronix

anyone no about crossover capacitors?

i need to get some crossover capictors for my lanzar tws tweets the crossovers that come with them are Garbage n melting all of them and id like to just replace them with some of the little capictors that come with bullet tweets what would u guys recomend?? if not what active Xover with u recomend in a 70 doller price range

i need to get some crossover capictors for my lanzar tws tweets the crossovers that come with them are Garbage n melting all of them and id like to just replace them with some of the little capictors that come with bullet tweets what would u guys recomend?? if not what active Xover with u recomend in a 70 doller price range

Are you sure you installed them with the right impedance and matched it on the amp. Sometimes this can cause a crossover to go out. I kinda feel like a noob by saying this but when you say crossover capacitors, and you talking about those no name brand cross overs with the electrolytic capacitors aka bass blockers soldered into the inputs? I've seen a couple guys with those and they pop and static like crazy

what ones do you recomend for the lanzar tws's??? let me no thanks!

do as bassl0va said, and find some 12db per octave crossovers with a cutoff frequency around that of your speakers limits. ex. if it can only play down to 3500hz, find a passive crossover with that cutoff.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Parts-express and Madisound both have great universal cross overs

You can make your own crossovers, but if you dont know electrical components, soldering, and how to read schematics, you will get confused, and end up spending more money

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived