Sonic Electronix

I know from experience there are some poor quality fuses manufactured. In fact I have a few dozen laying around I'm sure. Going from this preface in your experience what brand of fuses do you use? Also being somewhat of a hoarder I would like to know where I can purchase in Bulk (at least 10 at a time but I prefer 25). Thanks for your comments in advance.

Soapbox

Edited by Soapbox

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

I use rockford forgave fuses and holders. I sell score e2 garbage at my shop but the able and mini amp fuses seem to be fine. Stay away from "agu" style fuses as they tend to melt.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Nothing wrong with agu fuses. A lot of meca competitors use agu fuses. Never seen one melt besides from over current.

Edited by slim2fattycake

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Stay away from "agu" style fuses as they tend to melt.

Thats the idea ;) just sayin

12 RE audio X series 12's

4 gauge wiring to back batt (soon to be 0 gauge)

0 gauge from batt to amp

kinetik 1800 in back

clarion cx-200 HU

SPL 3000 wired at 2 ohms

8 Re 6.5 full range speakers

Re Xt 800.4 4 channel amplifier

Autopager car alarm

MECA is the reason for this post. I think I can drop a class. However I believe I will be blowing fuses a lot. The only styles I'm considering are mini and full ANL.

What class are you in and which are you going to? AGUs are mostly used because they are cheap so blowing a lot of them in testing is not a big deal. The filament sizes look the same on ANL and AGU fuses. Its just harder to find bigger AGUs like 150s and higher vs ANL which is easy to find anywhere. However you can just run more smaller fuses. I used to run a 300 amp ANL and now I run 5 50 amp AGUs for daily. When I compete, I just take out 4 AGUs and switch the 50 with a 40 amp.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

What class are you in and which are you going to? AGUs are mostly used because they are cheap so blowing a lot of them in testing is not a big deal. The filament sizes look the same on ANL and AGU fuses. Its just harder to find bigger AGUs like 150s and higher vs ANL which is easy to find anywhere. However you can just run more smaller fuses. I used to run a 300 amp ANL and now I run 5 50 amp AGUs for daily. When I compete, I just take out 4 AGUs and switch the 50 with a 40 amp.

I'm trying to get into AS2 using 3 sa 8's and a saz 1500. I have 3 boxes I'm working with currently.

I remember seeing someone with a setup close like this. Three separate boxes with 3 8s. They were truebass though I think. But yeah everyone I have seen in the lower classes especially in as2 are using AGU fuses. I can pull about 80 amps out of my 40 amp without popping it. With that low of power, I don't see how you can actually pop the fuse. What size are you going to use for as2? I know someone in as1 with a saz1500 that cannot pop his fuse at all.

Edited by slim2fattycake

Never had a problem with cheapo ebay fuses... Only blown one if there was an actual short somewhere

Team DC Audio : Team Shok : Team NWSPL Co-Founder

Head: Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

Front Stage: Morel Tempo 6.5's/ CDT 6.5's

Subs: (4) 15'' DC XL's, 15 cubes @ 38hz

Sub Amps: (2) Shok 5k's

Speaker Amp: Shok 100.4

Wiring: Shok Industries 1/0

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

You kind of miss understood or I wasn't specific. I currently have 3 different boxes available.

1st is 1.6 cu ft with 1 4" aero tuned to 30. This box is what I got a 132.9 in AS3 and a 117 in db3. ( this box is designed for 3 sa-8's) This one is going in the pile.

2nd is 2.4 cubes kerfed port tuned to 30 designed for 3 sa 8's.

3rd is a Transmission line tuned to 30 for 2 Sa 8's. I just installed this box today and it is louder than the one I metered. I'm going to hit the meter as soon as I can make an appointment.

Running the 3rd box I should be able run 80 amps of fusing and place in AS-2