Sonic Electronix

help converting single sub specs into a 4 sub box

I'm new to box tuning and highly modified electric systems, and I have alot of learning to do before I possibly get a multi-kw system, but I think I'll try the big 3 and a tuned box on my current system (not largest ever owned). Here's the deal: I don't know what would be the optimal setup for my subs and car. Here's all the specs I know that may help.

CAR: '90 Camry wagon rear area measures 34" inside fenders, 26" or 28" hatch to back of rear seat. I'd like to have an "unobstructed view" to maybe be able to compete in a small class so we'll call the height 15".

Subs: 4- 10" RFosgate p1's -actually, two are the pevious model, but I hope that won't make much difference. A single sub requires 1.75 cubic ft net volume and 2.1 gross. The port is 2x10.5x19.5 and the fosgate diagram shows it being curved (90*) in their box. I hope changing their ideal dimensions won't effect the box.

Can I change the fosgate ideal dimensions without severely changing anything? I know I need 2.1 gross and 1.75 net cu ft.

Which way should I make the subs and port fire?

Can anyone explain if I can make a single port that is four times the single sub specs? Perhaps it needs to be somewhat smaller.

So just take those single sub specs and multiply by four, right?

I have some 1" wood and I'll also brace the box if I need to. Sound cool?

Is basic, cheap 4 ga wire sufficient for the big 3?

I just need a little direction to get me started. I want to optimize this little system so I can really get a legit design for this fall. I've had somewhat bigger setups in the past but I've always used sealed boxes. Thanks for any ideas and help for the new guy who is getting the fever again. Let me know if I'm leaving out any major details.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

You can do the big 3 in 4ga but its best to it in 0ga, if its just temporary so you can steady your voltage a big for it, but eventually grab some 0ga

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

A big alternator may be in my future, so I'll definately grab the 0 gauge from the start. No need to sweat redoing it or limiting the effects it will currently have. Thanks

Now let's see if someone can help the newb with a box...

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

Archived