Sonic Electronix

OK so im bumping the other day nothing abnormal and then the smell returns and im almost for sure im not clipping because i did it not to long ago with a dmm and when i got to work i don't know if its just me being mad and frustrated but it looked like one sub was moving more than the other if you guys have any suggestions on whats going on they will be very appreciated im getting really mad and i want to just get rid of it but i dont confusing i know just mad but i want to take it a shop near by to just have them redo gains and such but thats a waste of like 85 dollars

how do you have your subs wired up at?? hows the settings on your stereo?what kind of amp is it?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

how do you have your subs wired up at?? hows the settings on your stereo?what kind of amp is it?

1 ohm o on the bass and 7 on the sub woofer 160hz for hpf and lpf (i dont know where those should be) and its a sundown 1200d

Wait why do you have 160 on there for the HPF?and your LPF should be around 80 to 100 hz depending on where you want it...what kinds of subs are they?are they brand new subs?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

alpine type rs 12s and no they are not i was clipping hard before and then i metered them and got it to where i wasnt and then it happened again and the settings for that are flat,8 0,120,160 i just left it where it was

OK so im bumping the other day nothing abnormal and then the smell returns and im almost for sure im not clipping because i did it not to long ago with a dmm and when i got to work i don't know if its just me being mad and frustrated but it looked like one sub was moving more than the other if you guys have any suggestions on whats going on they will be very appreciated im getting really mad and i want to just get rid of it but i dont confusing i know just mad but i want to take it a shop near by to just have them redo gains and such but thats a waste of like 85 dollars

If it looks like you woofer is moving more then the other I would pull the subs and make sure all the coils are still working my bro had the same problem I looked at his subs while they were playing and could notice that one was moving more then the other and he was getting a little burnt smell and it was because one of the coils on the one sub was not working and he was basicly over powering the sub the setup is two jl audio 15 w3v2d4's on an kicker 1200.1

Archived