Sundown Audio

looking for an amp for alpine type R

sdg0080

okay so i've got two alpine type R's in the trunk of my 2000 mustang. i just expanded to a second type r, the amp i have now is a rockford T500.2 running 2 ohms to one of the subs. i really would like to find a second T500.2 but have had no hits on the WTB section. i've looked at the new T1000.1 and i know it can handle 1ohm. i just dont like the massive draw amps pull at 1ohm. i've also looked into the alpine M500 i think thats the model number. the big thing i really like is being able to adjust where the bass boost is on the rockford. not to mention i've made a pretty nice panel in the dash to hold the RF bass knob. but if i have to change it i've got more aluminum. im open to sugestions on amps i guess. either a pair of amps rated at 500@ 2 ohms or 1000@ 1ohms.

are yours dual 4 or dual 2? and btw my t1000.1 does 1139rms at 2 ohms so you wouldnt have to wire at 1 ohm if you got lucky

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

4 Ohm DVC Use a Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010D, Thats what i have running, they have been tested the newer ones to do 2000 watts at 1 ohm at 14.4v

edit: i didnt see the current draw part, try a new fosgate CP amp

dual 4 ohms set up on the subs. i just dont want to really stress the electrical system. not to mention amps running 1ohm tend to get pretty warm. i've looked at the new RF t1000 with the CP and looks good. i've had my fingers crossed that someone would have a t500.2 they wanted to sell. the reason being is that now i'll have another amp laying around, the wife hates me having sterio parts laying around...lol

2 amps would draw alot more amps/current. 2 500 watt amps would draw more current then 1 1000 amp. correct?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

they might but you have to account for the higher heat levels and that will increase amp draw. i know the older t500.2 that i have is "huge" by todays standards. this thing hardly gets warm running it the way it is now. so with out side by side testing its really a guessing game as to what the amp draw would be. i have a feeling the new 10001cp draws less being its using a more modern Class D hybrid tech.

Archived