Second Skin Audio

4th order help please

i dont know much about 4th orders (or any bandpass system for that matter) but theres no ratio for the sealed and ported chambers. you determine what size they should be and how big the port should be and the tuning by looking at the t/s (thiele/small) parameters...thats all i know. theres calculators out on the internetz for figuring out bandpasses but i dont know how accurate they are.

Im not a big expert on bandpass, but, reading a lot i can say that, for daily it´s around 2/1 ratio (2 cubic feets vented per each sealed c/f) , 3/1 and 4/1 are more complex and looking for better numbers, for example, for a pair of 12´s i would use 1.8 c/f sealed chamber and 3.6 vented chamber tune around 50 hz with 20 SQ of port per cubic feet, someone correct me if im wrong...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Im not a big expert on bandpass, but, reading a lot i can say that, for daily it´s around 2/1 ratio (2 cubic feets vented per each sealed c/f) , 3/1 and 4/1 are more complex and looking for better numbers, for example, for a pair of 12´s i would use 1.8 c/f sealed chamber and 3.6 vented chamber tune around 50 hz with 20 SQ of port per cubic feet, someone correct me if im wrong...

i have no idea lulz so disregard my post OP.

For smaller subs ( 10a & 12s ) it's my under standing to use 2:1 ratios for daily. With the bigger woofers (15s & 18s ) it's better to use 3:1 and even 4:1 ratios for daily. With 4th orders you usually tune aroun the resonant frequency of your vehicle iirc. Power us also dependent on the sealer chamber as well

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Talk to mike singer :) aka s-saudio. There's quite a few other knowledgable people on the formus who can help as well. Iamamp3pimp, 80inches, all I can think of atm

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg