Sonic Electronix

okay this is gonna be a long post, as some of you may know i just got 2 12 lvl 3's. with a t1000.1bd. with a box tuned to 35hz with the ports on the left and the subs on the right. (2 4" aeros flared end) and we hooked em up. sounded fine and slapped pretty fucking hard. i noticed they were kinda out of phase ( the one close to the ports was moving way more then the one farther away from the ports) and the gain was set with a dmm, at volume 27 out of 35 at 1600rms (birthsheet said 1639 at 1 ohm). so we know we werent clipping, everything was down on the hu. we were slapping at a parking lot and as soon we pop open the trunk it smelled like a bitch!! burnt smell. so we quickly turned em off. and i pushed down on the cone softly to make sure they werent blown and they didnt make a scratching sound or anything. but when i touched the dust cap on the one on the far right (away from ports. the one that didnt move as much) the dust cap was so fucking hot. WHY!?? friend said it mighta been a loading issue but idk what that is? pretty sure it wasnt clipping. im just confused. the ports smelled bad. the subs still play but i unhooked em to be safe. please help me im really confused if you need more info just ask. they were slapping really hard (everything was flexing and it didnt sound distorted it sounded really clean)

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

oh and also i have the subs wired together in parallel to 1 ohm load, (they dual 4's)

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

How long were you slapping on them?

Subs rated at 600 rms / 1200 peak

your putting 800 rms to each sub?

could be they are just getting hot from being pounded on

yeah, i would think it was from overpowering too. BUT the one sub by the ports wasnt even warm to the touch. AND it was moving way more then the one farther away. and the one that wasnt really moving as much was hot as hell.. and i checked the wiring and all coils are hooked up and everything

1j1450.png

yeah, i would think it was from overpowering too. BUT the one sub by the ports wasnt even warm to the touch. AND it was moving way more then the one farther away. and the one that wasnt really moving as much was hot as hell.. and i checked the wiring and all coils are hooked up and everything

you checked all the wiring and coils with a dmm after you noticed all this?

i dont have a dmm

1j1450.png

i dont have a dmm

Better get it check with a Dmm... check the coils on the one that is not moving as much.

try to find someone with a Dmm and borrow it.

Edited by Hotdog

the subs closer to te port is moving more?

i ran 1500rms to my level 3 10s ( with level 4 coils and extra spider) no problem at all so i dont think its the power

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

and whats really weird is when we first hooked it up the one on the far right moved more then the one closer to the ports (the one on the right was broken in the left one kinda was, so i played low volume till they loosened up (didnt take long) then that happened.

1j1450.png