Jay's Burb (4thorder Build), New Subs Coming Soon!!!!

Just read all 25 pages of this thread Jay. The truck is really coming along nicely! And like everyone else I really hope your wife starts feeling better and the two of you can get back to normalcy.

I did want to comment on the electrical situation though. From the looks of that alternator you got it was a 22si which is why it was bigger, but it is a much better alt than stock regardless of the amperage increase. For a suburban like yours you can get enough guarenteed amperage to power a small city with little to no amperage drop even when the alts are hot by using leece neville 320a large case alts. These are work horses of alternators, and are the only alts used in my former hobby of high power CB radio. With your current alt and three more 320's you will probably only have to add one more battery and those alts will keep your batteries fresh all day long. Plus you can get externally regulated alts and run your big amps on 16v's which will get you more power out of your amps. But then you would have to get 16v or 8v batteries (in series).

Here is a link to the stuff you would need to run this type of alternator setup.

ALTS: http://www.chargercharger.com/Alternators.html

Regulator: http://www.chargercharger.com/regulators.html

Alt Bracket/pulley's: http://www.blueghost.org/id2.html

Vid of the 3 alt bracket with 3 320's:

And finally a crazy alt setup used in competition in my world:

( about 20 seconds into the video)

Fixed my sander last night.. This is my progress from today.... 3 down.... 1 more to go.. then have to save up for the matching interior vinyl...

Backs all cleaned up..

Photo0411.jpg

Photo0412.jpg

I worked on both rear pods today, here is a look on how they sit.... I think i have a great idea on how I want the rear wall to look.. How does this sound?.. The pods would be black vinyl, the area that is paint white at the moment would be a matching maroon vinyl to the interior, then the port itself would be black vinyl with larger washer rings... Thoughts???

Photo0437.jpg

I worked on both rear pods today, here is a look on how they sit.... I think i have a great idea on how I want the rear wall to look.. How does this sound?.. The pods would be black vinyl, the area that is paint white at the moment would be a matching maroon vinyl to the interior, then the port itself would be black vinyl with larger washer rings... Thoughts???

Photo0437.jpg

Sounds like it will look awesome when it's done. Glad to see you making progress on this build, it's going to be awesome when you get it done.

watching your build makes me really want to wall my suburban. I have the same one but my build can't start till I get back to the states. keep up the good work, and keep the pics rolling.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Photo0437.jpg

Ya I think it would look bad ass like that! Maybe instead of Maroon vinyl, why not use maroon suede to mix up the textures a little bit? Black Vinyl on the port and the pods, since the pods have such angles, it'd be a bitch to wrap those in suede and you'd probably have to seem them. Just a thought. Keep up the good work man!

Actually, now that I look at the picture again, I'd actually wrap the pods and the port to match the headliner. Unless you're planning to change that? Otherwise it may not look right in the grand scheme of things. The grey would subtle things out <~~improper grammar at it's finest right there LMAO! I still like the maroon suede on the center area, and then grey on the port and pods.

Archived