TEAM SKAR AUDIO (12) - vvx12"s astro van

got the door panels carpeted and all the mids put in the doors today. they was so damn heavy i had to bolt the panels to the doors. also got the popo's called on me today. fucking ass hole neighbors :roflmao:

0512121713.jpg

0512121734.jpg

0512121848.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

got my order of big boy skar shirts today. finally got a team shirt that fits my big ass lol. i got a few others in 2x - 4x if any1 is interested in a big boy skar shirt PM me for info. and just incase you are wondering yes skar audio did ok me to git these made up. :drink40:

0515121756.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok i test fit the spoiler i bought on the lift gate and hmmm the fucker dont fit. and i mean not even close. its gonna take way to muck fiberglass work on it to make it work and im just not in the mood for that shit and dont have the time to do it any ways. sooooo i decided to pick up a new wings west spoiler for it. its not too over the top gawdy looking like a wing or any thing just noticeable enough to stand out. i dont think the van would look right with a stupid looking air plane wing on top the rear :nea:

not my van just a internet pic to see the spoiler

00.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

ok this is just for you guys who think classic rock cant beat. i was riding to work last night jamming some lynard skynard saturday night special. welllll it was soundin alright then my bass just fuckin sounded weak all the sudden. well i pulled over and looked in the box and saw 1 of the damn subs had ripped the screws completely out of the baffle and dropped down wedging its self against the sub across from it. well i was pissed but i figures no biggie id git in there today after i got out of bed and re-clock the screw holes and put it back in. wellllll shit didnt work that way. once i got a better look into the box i saw that 2 of the subs had ripped the screws threw the baffle and fallen into the box. the 1 that i seen last night wedged its self against the other and fucked the surround up on it so now it probly needs reconed unless i can save it and re-glue the surround. so i made up my mind that this box is 2 much of a pain in the ass to work on since my big ass cant fit in the tunnel to work on it so im building a new 1 for 16) vvx12's skars. thinking of a vertical horn/clam style box. still gonna have the same amps running it all for now. (mids highs amps upgrade in future)

but this is the shit i saw last night from the front seat, needless to say i had a shitty night after this

0601122134.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Damn- I saw your status update on Facebook, but it seems much worse after seeing the photos.

Short of using threadded rod to mount your subs with, I dunno. But... if you are looking for a reason to build a new box- I think you got it! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

well man every1 gave me hell for using partical board to build this box with and i never had a problem out of it holding up. i did the double baffle in mdf and the dam screws pulled right out of it. i guess them skars + some skynard is some lethal shit on mdf :rofl: but the tear down for the new stuff starts tomoro

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Looks great and especially on a budget. Only thing that struck me was the woofers facing each other. Im guessing that's why you have high cancellation. If you opened up the front im sure you would gain a ton!

Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Suburban AKA The Bammin' Beast

Battery: 25 XS Power XP1000's

Sub Amp: 3 DC 9k's

Sub Stage: 18 DC Lvl 4 M2 12's in a Nasty 4th Order

Subscribe now! Prizes will be given away for every 1000 subscribers!

thats what i plan on doing. building a new box to fit 16 12"s. planning on a vertical V kinda like a clam shell but not quite. just waiting on some news before i start the tear out and re build. i think when i start il do a new build log on it since its FAR from a budget build now

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Archived