Sundown Audio

just ordered soundstream rub1.1600d

skyler411

I call bs...they don't ALL do rated power. I borrowed a buddies dtower2400 for a few days...and it was clearly out performed by my us amps M3D3. Which is rated at 2k. Also...he know has it on an alpine typeX and has yet to blow the sub...which is known not to take much more than 1k.

just curious, did he buy it brand new or off someone, I ask because I know there was a guy selling 8 of them, and they were all faulty even though they seemed to work fine (because of his doing)

Everyone that I've talked to that owns a Dtower loves them and stands by their power rating. I'm not saying your wrong, but I know that SS does not exaggerate their amp power ratings, that's one of the main differences that sets Soundstream and PPi apart from their other sister companies like SPL and Poweracoustik.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

• 2 weeks later...

They do have a small fan inside the amp, but nothing I would consider true active cooling, since the fan is so small. but it works, my amp has never gone into thermal, and I have pushed it hard since I got it.

This is the internals of the Rubicon 2500- your should be very similar. The fan is on the right, in the middle of the board.

ampinside2.jpg

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

• 5 months later...

Yes, it does say that on my packaging. I believe they are referring to the small fan that cools the transistors on the daughter board in the middle of the amp...

And for those of you who are wondering, The Ruby 2500's are .5 ohm stable, or at least, mine is. I did send it into thermal protect twice since rewiring my subs, but I was bumping the living hell out of my subs for over an hour straight before it kicked off. It did turn right back on both times though. I have been running it like this for a few months now, and couldn't be happier.

If my math is right, you should be seeing over 3600 RMS from these amps at .5 ohm. Not an exact figure, but that's assuming an efficiency of 68 percent. I got this number by dividing 1700 (RMS rating at 2 ohm) into 2500 (RMS rating at 1 ohm) equals a 68 percent increase in power, so I am guessing that's about what you will gain by going to .5 ohm. Could be slightly less though, as it seems most amps go down in efficiency slightly as the load decreases in impedance.

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

• 4 months later...

im running all rubicons

1.800 class d

and i am very pleased so far,they run very cool and seem to have plenty of power.i have the 800 running 2 jl 12w6v1 and its slammin the s$%#& outta of em.the price is right on these bad boys thats for sure.

actually have all mine for sale,as im about to buy marine stuff.$500 for all three

alpine 794 h/u

6 crescendo ccx 6.5 comps

4 polk db 6x9 3 ways

2 jl audio OG 12w6 v1

1 jl audio OG 10w6 v1

1 soundstream rubicon rubi5.800 5 channel

1 soundstream rubicon rubi2.600 2 channel

1 soundstream rubicon rubi800.1 mono class d

1/0 knu

6 farad soundtream cap

soundstream bx 10

soundstream 3 way xover